Castanospermum australe

Satish Phadke

Mar 3, 2011, 11:13:36 AM3/3/11
to indiantreepix, Dr. Parag Mahajan
Castanospermum australe
From Rani Bag Mumbai.
Huge tree.No flowers were visible on the tree ....may be they were very high
Pictures of flowers fallen on the lawn below.
Pl. validate.
Dr Phadke
Castanospermum australe_MG_0837.jpg
Castanospermum australe_MG_0838.jpg
Castanospermum australe_MG_0841.jpg
Castanospermum australe_MG_0840.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Mar 3, 2011, 11:22:55 PM3/3/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, Dr. Parag Mahajan
Yes  Satish ji , this is Castanospermum australe A. Cuhn. , Australian chestnut. A very rare tree. I had  uploaded the same last year in mid March.  Had managed to capture a few flowers in the thick and high canopy. Yes, it is difficult to see the flowers in the canopy due to the unusual canopy of  the tree and  trees surrounding it !

regards,
Rashida.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Mar 4, 2011, 2:31:43 AM3/4/11
to efloraofindia
This is really pretty.
Thanks for sharing.
Castanospermum australe A.Cunn. & C.Fraser ex Hook. as the name
suggests, the seeds of this plant should be similar to that of
chestnut.
Do share the fruit pics if possible.
Regards
Pankaj