Flora of Chakrata: Clematis connata or buchananiana

Balkar Arya

Sep 22, 2011, 8:31:03 AM9/22/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
This climber was shot from Budher Caves Road Chakrata
I am little confused about its being Clematis connata or C. buchananiana
Acc. to my id more chances are C. connata as irregularly toothed leaf margins and fused leaf stalks.
pls validate

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Clematis connata (1).JPG
Clematis connata (10).JPG
Clematis connata (11).JPG
Clematis connata (12).JPG
Clematis connata (13).JPG
Clematis connata (14).JPG
Clematis connata (15).JPG
Clematis connata (2).JPG
Clematis connata (3).JPG
Clematis connata (4).JPG
Clematis connata (5).JPG
Clematis connata (6).JPG
Clematis connata (7).JPG
Clematis connata (8).JPG
Clematis connata (9).JPG

Madhuri Raut

Sep 22, 2011, 9:14:40 AM9/22/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
What a treasure Mother Nature has. Some pics reminded me of Jingle bells.
Regards
Bhagyashri

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 22, 2011, 9:27:48 AM9/22/11
to efloraofindia
Balkarji. leaves pinnate, petioles fused at base, flowers urn shaped,
in branched clusters, petals un-ribbed, filaments hairy, I agree with
you on C. connata. Regards, Shrikant.
>  Clematis connata (1).JPG
> 105KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (2).JPG
> 97KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (3).JPG
> 112KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (4).JPG
> 89KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (5).JPG
> 107KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (6).JPG
> 91KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (7).JPG
> 149KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (8).JPG
> 129KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (9).JPG
> 91KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (10).JPG
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (11).JPG
> 102KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (12).JPG
> 185KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (13).JPG
> 211KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (14).JPG
> 256KViewDownload
>
>  Clematis connata (15).JPG
> 121KViewDownload

Tanay Bose

Sep 22, 2011, 9:28:30 AM9/22/11
to Madhuri Raut, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Awesome looking plant.
I will more appreciate the scientific approach
to photography practised by Balkar ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Alok

Sep 22, 2011, 9:28:50 AM9/22/11
to efloraofindia
Great Documentation sir,
We also have these species in Kalatope..
I hope I remember this lesson of taking pictorial documentation for
identification of flowers.
regards
Alok

Tanay Bose

Sep 22, 2011, 9:38:51 AM9/22/11
to Alok, efloraofindia
Such level of scientific photography can really help
people to ID plants much easily... Balkar Ji is
silently setting example of good practise in the
group.
Tanay

Alok

Balkar Arya

Sep 22, 2011, 10:15:35 AM9/22/11
to Alok, efloraofindia
Thanks Tanay, Bhagyashri Ji, Alok ji and Shrikant Ji for your kind words and confirmation of id

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2011, 12:44:48 PM9/22/11
to Balkar Arya, Alok, efloraofindia
Yes C. connata, connate leaf bases are very clear.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya