From Sikkim, is it Jasminum

usha lachungpa

Nov 13, 2010, 9:56:14 AM11/13/10
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
If attached pic is a Jasminum, which one is it?
Picture is of plant growing in Gangtok, Sikkim.
Regards,
Usha

--
Usha Ganguli-Lachungpa
Sr. Research Officer (WL)

IMG_0395-Is it Jasminum...JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 1, 2010, 2:58:57 PM12/1/10
to efloraofindia, usha lachungpa, Ritesh Choudhary, TANAY BOSE

Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

usha lachungpa

Dec 1, 2010, 3:27:18 PM12/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary, TANAY BOSE
Many thanks for remembering, Dr. Singh, had almost given up hope.
Hope to get the id from experts.
Kind regards,
Usha
IMG_0395-Is it Jasminum...JPG

Vijayasankar

Dec 1, 2010, 3:55:36 PM12/1/10
to usha lachungpa, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Ritesh Choudhary
Could it be Jasminum flexile?

Regards
Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677

J.M. Garg

Dec 21, 2010, 3:59:09 AM12/21/10
to efloraofindia, ushaprabha page, Anand Kumar Bhatt, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Subir Bandyopadhyay, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Could it be Jasminum flexile?

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.”

Jan 13, 2011, 9:54:14 PM1/13/11
to efloraofindia, ushaprabha page, Vijayasankar Raman

Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Could it be Jasminum flexile?

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.”

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
Jan 14, 2011, 6:05:55 AM1/14/11
to efloraofindia, avishek bhattacharjee
I got one suggestion that it is Jasminum dispermum.
Other experts may please confirm. This is growing wild in Gangtok and
has very few flowers, but the stems are so tough, especially when we
try to remove them while weeding. In fact its foliage is more
attractive than the rather nondescript flowers hidden away among the
other weeds. I actually used the twine-like strong stems like a rope
to tie up some other rambling plants!

Hope to get a reply this time from the group.
Kind regards,
Usha

Jan 14, 7:54 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id confirmation or otherwise please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>
> *“Could it be Jasminum flexile?
> *
> Regards

> Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.”
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

> From: usha lachungpa <ulachun...@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 8:26 PM
> Subject: [efloraofindia:54181] From Sikkim, is it Jasminum
> To: "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com>, indian...@googlegroups.com
>
> Dear All,
> If attached pic is a *Jasminum*, which one is it?
> Picture is of plant growing in Gangtok, Sikkim.
> Regards,
> Usha
>
> --
> Usha Ganguli-Lachungpa
> Sr. Research Officer (WL)
> Dept. of Forest, Env. & WL Mgmt.
> Government of Sikkim
> Deorali, Gangtok 737102
> Tel/Fax:91-3592-280402;
> Cell:094340-25273
> ulachun...@gmail.com
>

>  IMG_0395-Is it Jasminum...JPG
> 248KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

IMG_0395-Is it Jasminum...JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 9, 2018, 5:57:45 AM6/9/18
to efloraofindia, U GLachungpa, Vijayasankar Raman
I agree with id of Jasminum dispermum Wall. as per images and details herein.
IMG_0395-Is it Jasminum...JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 9, 2018, 11:39:23 PM6/9/18
to efloraofindia