Rosaceae Week- Potentilla bifurca??

Prashant awale

Oct 5, 2011, 12:34:42 PM10/5/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Seen this prostrate herb with small yellow flowers near "Chusul" Ladakh.

I think this could be Potentilla bifurca? Pl. Validate the ID.

Date/Time: 14-09-2011 / 12:45PM
Location: Near Chusul, Ladakh, (Altitude: Approx: 14400ft).
Habitat: Wild, (Found in sandy soil near a flowing water stream)
Plant Habit; Herb

Regards
Prashant

IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 5, 2011, 2:02:28 PM10/5/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
I think yes, but needs further confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tanay Bose

Oct 5, 2011, 2:10:41 PM10/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
I think Prasant Ji and Sir ji is correct
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 7, 2011, 6:18:07 AM10/7/11
to Tanay Bose, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Our plant is P. bifurca var.major (syn: P. bifurca subsp. orientalis of Fl. Pak) characterised by leaf surface being appressed (and not spreading) pilose and  leaflet tip being entire, they are 2-fid at tip in var. bifurca.