ID requested of wild flower

Rakesh

May 12, 2011, 3:35:59 AM5/12/11
to Indiantreepix
Photo taken in Asansol, West Bengal on 08/05/2011. The flowering plants are in large numbers in open area which has recently bloomed & looks really nice. Requested to please help with the ID.

Rakesh Khedwal
Wild Flowers.jpg

Dinesh Valke

May 12, 2011, 3:40:13 AM5/12/11
to Rakesh, Indiantreepix
... species of Ochna.

Rakesh ji ... these are fruits, a mistake me too had done at first sight.

Regards.
Dinesh

shrikant ingalhalikar

May 12, 2011, 7:06:52 AM5/12/11
to efloraofindia
Dineshji, its Clerodendrum viscosum fruits, just missed the off stump.
Ochna has red spathulate calyx lobes with 3-6 black drupes. Regards,
Shrikant

On May 12, 12:40 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... species of *Ochna*.
> > Rakesh Khedwal- Hide quoted text -

Dinesh Valke

May 12, 2011, 7:45:25 AM5/12/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Many many thanks,.Shrikant ji !!!! ... knowing those are fruits is a saving grace !!!
... clean bowled !!! ... incidentally, Tabish had corrected me for this very species earlier.

Bhandika (Sanskrit: भण्डिका)

Gurcharan Singh

May 12, 2011, 8:07:04 AM5/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Photographed small plant from Hamdard Univ. Herbal Garden. I hope it was correctly labelled.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

May 12, 2011, 8:10:07 AM5/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Photographed young plant from Hamdard Univ. Herbal Garden. I hope it was correctly labelled.
sorry missed attachment in last mail

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Clerodendrum-viscosum-Hamdard-Herbal-gdn-Delhi-1.jpg

Dinesh Valke

May 12, 2011, 8:18:46 AM5/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
... yes Gurcharan ji, would believe this to be Clerodendrum viscosum.
Regards.
Dinesh.