Corchorus olitorius flowering

Neil Soares

Sep 23, 2011, 1:12:09 PM9/23/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Photographed at my farm over the weekend. Am posting these photographs to showcase the lower serratures on both sides of the leaf which are elongated into filamentous appendages [Photographs 4 & 5].
                         With regards,
                           Neil Soares.
Corchorus olitorius, Banpat 1.jpg
Corchorus olitorius, Banpat 2.jpg
Corchorus olitorius, Banpat 3.jpg
Corchorus olitorius, Banpat 4.jpg
Corchorus olitorius, Banpat 5.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 23, 2011, 1:33:16 PM9/23/11
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Nice series of Pics Neil Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

Sep 23, 2011, 9:55:51 PM9/23/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Neil: Very nice, I looked at the last pic first was delighted to
see the filaments...
and then I found that you had already talked of it in your write up..
ha ha

I could not find any essay or even a snippet about the filaments, and
what other plants may have such basal filaments...
I know, Gloriosa lily has apex of the leaf becoming a filament and may
even act as an anchoring tendril..

but could not find another example of basal filaments ...
my question: do you know of any ?

or any other members, please.
thanks Neil
and thanks to all who can tell me baout these stipules/filaments...
Usha di
======