19/04/11/YRP/01/Cherplashery, Tootha Puzha

Yazdy Palia

Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:36 AM4/19/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends, here are some pictures from the farm of my friend Revi
Unni at Cherplashery, Palakad district.
Date & Time 19/04/11
Location: Place, Altitude, GPS Cherplashery, Tootha Puzha, Palakad
Habitat: Garden, Urban, Wild Type: Garden
Plant Habit: Tree, Shrub, Climber, Herb Tree
Height, Length. 20’
Leaves Type, Shape, Size Oviate
Inflorescence Type Size
Flowers Size Colour Calyx Bracts- Yellow, 3 mm
Fruits Type, Shape, Size Seeds Oval
Other Information like Frangrance, Pollinator, Uses.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

You have been sent 7 pictures.

IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5524.JPG
IMG_5526.JPG
IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5532.JPG
IMG_5535.JPG
IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5516.JPG
IMG_5524.JPG
IMG_5526.JPG
IMG_5529.JPG
IMG_5532.JPG
IMG_5535.JPG
IMG_5540.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Apr 19, 2011, 10:43:46 AM4/19/11
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
... could this be nutmeg ... jaiphal ... Myristica fragrans ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Vijayasankar

Apr 19, 2011, 11:00:49 AM4/19/11
to Dinesh Valke, Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Agreeing with Dinesh ji's id. It is Myristica fragrans, the Nutmeg. This is an Indonesian plant, cultivated in Kerala.
Whereas its relative M. malabarica is wild in the W.Ghats.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Yazdy Palia

Apr 19, 2011, 11:03:50 AM4/19/11
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
You are right Dinesh ji,
It is Numeg Myristica fragrans. Fruits on tree, female flower, nutmeg
with Mace, Mace by itself in a plate.
Regards
Yazdy.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Apr 19, 2011, 5:28:10 PM4/19/11
to efloraofindia
Myristica fragrans
Pankaj

On Apr 19, 8:03 pm, Yazdy Palia <yazdypa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are right Dinesh ji,
> It is Numeg Myristica fragrans. Fruits on tree, female flower, nutmeg
> with Mace, Mace by itself in a plate.
> Regards
> Yazdy.
>

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ... could this be nutmeg ... jaiphal ... Myristica fragrans ?
> > Regards.
> > Dinesh

Yazdy Palia

Apr 19, 2011, 10:48:21 PM4/19/11