Eriobotrya japonica from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2010, 12:08:10 AM8/2/10
to efloraofindia
Eriobotrya japonica from Kashmir, photographed from Nishat Garden on June 17, 2010. Tanay another fruit for you before you leave Indian Shores.

Common names:
English: Japanese medlar, Loquat
Hindi: Lokat
Tam: Ilakotta, Nokkotto
Kan: Lakkote
German: Jananische Wollmispel

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Eriobotrya-japonica-Kashmir-a.jpg
Eriobotrya-japonica-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 2, 2010, 12:41:20 AM8/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I love this fruit it is called locket fruit in Bengali, this fruits are hollow inside and have a lovely flower like smell.

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

ajinkya gadave

Aug 2, 2010, 12:51:04 AM8/2/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
some pictures from me .
Eriobotrya japonica (2).jpg
Eriobotrya japonica 3.jpg
Eriobotrya japonica.jpg
Eriobotrya japonica (1).jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 2, 2010, 12:56:56 AM8/2/10
to ajinkya gadave, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Ajinkya ji
Thanks for completing the series.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Rashida Atthar

Aug 2, 2010, 3:53:02 AM8/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, ajinkya gadave, tanay bose, efloraofindia
Good Pictures sir, Thanks for sharing. Is there any fruit or vegetable Tanay is not familiar with and does not know inside out ? !!

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 11, 2011, 7:44:49 AM1/11/11
to efloraofindia

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 11, 2011, 7:56:59 AM1/11/11
to efloraofindia
forgot to attach

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Eriobotrya-japonica-Kashmir-a.jpg
Eriobotrya-japonica-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Jan 11, 2011, 8:37:55 AM1/11/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I like the fragrance of this fruit its aromatic
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.