Rhodendron

kaajal dasgupta

Sep 11, 2011, 5:38:47 AM9/11/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
During my last Birding trip to Tungnath(Garhwall Himalayas) I noticed many types of Rhodendron flowers and other
but require the id for classification and sorting.

Place : Tungnath Mountains(Uttarakhand)
Altitude :  12000 ft
Date : 3rd June 2011
Habitat : seen in the slopes of Tungnath mountains.

I saw light pink,white and purple varieties.

Kaajal Dasgupta
Bareilly
IMG_0056.JPG

Ushadi micromini

Sep 11, 2011, 1:05:41 PM9/11/11
to efloraofindia
first: spelling its I think RHODODENDRON...

yes the leaves remind me of the rhododenrons I have seen...
and the flower grouping may be so...

but for further classification experts will advice what to do....
Usha di
=====
>  IMG_0056.JPG
> 382KViewDownload

JM Garg

Dec 3, 2016, 3:41:29 AM12/3/16
to efloraofindia, kaydee...@gmail.com
I think Rhododendron campanulatum D. Don as per images herein.
IMG_0056.JPG

D.S Rawat

Dec 3, 2016, 8:03:39 AM12/3/16
to efloraofindia, kaydee...@gmail.com