Re: flora in Australia-20

ushaprabha page

Sep 7, 2011, 7:14:31 PM9/7/11
to indiantreepix
Viburnum suspensum- F.-Viburnaceae
Evergreen bushy shrub..
Native of Japan.
Wallaby (wild animal of Australia) feeds on the its leaves.
Location-Blue mountain National Park.
P9020013.jpg
P9020012.jpg
DSC_1143.jpg
DSC_1144.jpg

Vijayasankar

Sep 7, 2011, 7:18:47 PM9/7/11
to ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
Wow! what a nice depiction of plant-animal interaction?! is the animal a relative of kangaroo?

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

ushaprabha page

Sep 7, 2011, 7:34:31 PM9/7/11
to Vijayasankar, indiantreepix
Better to confirm from the experts,
and thanks.

Ushadi micromini

Sep 7, 2011, 8:18:45 PM9/7/11
to efloraofindia, Vijayasankar
Not a zoologist... so Ushaprabha ji is right must wait for an
expert...

but in the meantime.. I'll take a wild guess... its a * Wallaby
* ... related to kangaroo, . face, ears, over size all different...

Usha di

===
ps Dr. Raman ... dont know if you have a zoo in your neck of the
woods, but both Sandiego and Bronx zoo have a few... and now Tampa
Lowry park just got permission form Australian govt..(some new
International treaty makes it mandatory to get permission from native
country ) to host and display wallbies they acquired for scientific
genetic research !!!

==========

On Sep 8, 4:34 am, ushaprabha page <ushaprabhap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Better to confirm from the experts,
> and thanks.
>
> On 8 September 2011 04:48, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Wow! what a nice depiction of plant-animal interaction?! is the animal a
> > relative of kangaroo?
>
> > Regards
>
> > Vijayasankar Raman
> > National Center for Natural Products Research
> > University of Mississippi

Tanay Bose

Sep 7, 2011, 10:49:22 PM9/7/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar
Nice to see a Wallaby
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Vijayasankar

Sep 7, 2011, 11:44:41 PM9/7/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks for the information, Usha di.
Yes, you are right....Wiki also says that typical Wallaby is closely related to kangaroo, and belongs to family Macropodidae... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallaby
[I have been only to Memphis zoo and didn't find this one there]

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

hari lal

Sep 8, 2011, 12:12:51 AM9/8/11
to Vijayasankar, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
thanks for sharing usha di
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

promila chaturvedi

Sep 15, 2011, 9:07:26 AM9/15/11
to Tanay Bose, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Vijayasankar
To me also it looks like Wallaby.
Promila