Rosaceae Week: October 3 to 9, 2011

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2011, 6:20:14 AM10/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends
Please prepare for another Week long episode focussing on family Rosaceae between October 3, Monday to October 9, Sunday 2011. Rosaceae is another large interesting family with lot of fruit yielding plants and beautiful component of meadows and valleys. Please upload your photographs, identified as well as those meant for identification during the week.
All posts concerning Rosaceae should have subject line starting with "Rosaceae Week: ................(Plant name/or unique ID for identification) from ..............(Place) for ID (for plants meant for ID). If I upload photographs of Prunus armeniaca from Kashmir the subject line would be "Rosaceae Week: Prunus armeniaca from Kashmir" and if I upload photographs of a plant which is a tree and I think belongs to Rosaceae the subject line for plant uploaded on 4 October would be "Rosaceae Week: 04102011GS1  a tree from Kashmir for ID"
     Please be very careful in subject line for all plants meant for ID. This is special request to new members who are often found to post photographs without unique subject line, resulting in mixing of threads, cross posts and often breaking of threads.

Happy posting during the Rosaceae Week.

You may also continue to upload identified or those meant for ID, plants belonging to other families during the week, but without the prefix "Rosaceae Week:..."

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Oct 1, 2011, 8:10:32 AM10/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Very Good Starting Sir, This information is necessary particularly for new members as you rightly said. Hope this episode will be another landmark in history of the Group.
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat