Flora picture of the Year 2010 :: Dinesh Valke

Dinesh Valke

Jan 23, 2011, 7:25:22 AM1/23/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,

My picture of year 2010 ... Clematis smilacifolia.
To me this is a very interesting sighting at Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park) especially because it is considered as a rare plant.

Regards,
Dinesh

Clematis_smilacifolia.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 23, 2011, 7:29:47 AM1/23/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks, Dinesh ji.
Artistic work.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1500 members & 60,000 messages on 15/1/11 & with a database of around 4450 species on 15/12/10)

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 7:29:49 AM1/23/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Nice capture sir, any leaves for front view?
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Dinesh Valke

Jan 23, 2011, 7:34:20 AM1/23/11
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj,
Here are all the views ... http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Clematis%20smilacifolia&w=91314344%40N00

Regards,
Dinesh.

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 7:37:57 AM1/23/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for the link sir....
Nice pics.
Pankaj

mani nair

Jan 23, 2011, 9:51:02 AM1/23/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dinesh ji, thanks for sharing.  first time seeing this flower.

Regards,

Mani.

Balkar Arya

Jan 23, 2011, 9:53:04 AM1/23/11
to mani nair, Pankaj Kumar, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Smart Clematis Dinesh Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

tanay bose

Jan 23, 2011, 11:22:49 AM1/23/11
to Balkar Arya, mani nair, Pankaj Kumar, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Nice capture !! artistic
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dinesh Valke

Jan 26, 2011, 2:30:58 AM1/26/11
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, mani nair, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear friends,

I find my mistake in ID of this plant ... it is not Clematis smilacifolia ... it must be C. hedysarifolia.

Few aspects differentiating Clematis smilacifolia from C. hedysarifolia : the flower is 3 cm plus, very fragrant, the sepals' violet colour cannot be missed ... may read more in Shrikant ji's earlier thread.

Regards
Dinesh

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice capture !! artistic.