Euphorbia dracunculoides from Tikkar tal lake, Morni, Haryana

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 15, 2011, 1:05:07 PM4/15/11
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Euphorbia dracunculoides Lamarck, Encycl. 2: 428. 1788.
syn: Euphorbia lanceolata Sprengel; Tithymalus dracunculoides (Lamarck) Klotzsch & Garcke.

Another species which I think is not correctly represented at FOI website. The plant at the website is perhaps Euphorbia esula L.

I am uploading my photographs of Euphorbia dracunculoides photographed from banks of Tikkar tal lake, Morni, Haryana growing on sandy soil.
The plant is annual or perennial ascending herb, much branched, often from base; leaves alternate, linear to linear-lanceolate, 2-8 cm long, up to 5 mm broad, entire or subentire, narrowed towards base; cyathium sessile, broadly campanulate; glands 4-5, 2-horned; fruit roundly 3-lobed.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Euphorbia-dracunculoides-Tikkar tal lake-Morni-1.jpg
Euphorbia-dracunculoides-Tikkar tal lake-Morni-2.jpg
Euphorbia-dracunculoides-Tikkar tal lake-Morni-3.jpg