Wild Flower for ID : Kashmir : 111011 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 11, 2011, 2:47:38 AM10/11/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Picture taken at Patni Top, Kashmir on the 5th of Sept,11.
A small plant growing wild by the roadside with Blue funnel shaped flowers.
Kindly help in id.
Aarti
DSC_0277.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 11, 2011, 3:26:51 AM10/11/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Strobilanthes atropurpureus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Aarti S. Khale

Oct 11, 2011, 3:28:20 AM10/11/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Many thanks for the id.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Sep 14, 2014, 1:23:09 AM9/14/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh
Strobilanthes attenuata (Nees) Nees as per another thread.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

DSC_0277.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 14, 2014, 1:39:57 AM9/14/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Garg Ji,
Thanks for correction.
I will correct in my data.
Regards,
Aarti

J.M. Garg

Sep 19, 2014, 2:43:01 AM9/19/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh
May be Strobilanthes angustifrons as per another thread.

to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Resurfacing my earlier post for validation in id.
Adding a cropped picture.
Aarti
DSC_0277.JPG
DSC_0279.JPG
DSC_0279-Cropped.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2020, 5:29:30 AM1/6/20
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, GurcharanSingh
Strobilanthes attenuata as per another thread by Dr. Wood.
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,00,000 images are directly displayed on 30.8.19).

DSC_0277.JPG
DSC_0279.JPG
DSC_0279-Cropped.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 6, 2020, 10:13:41 AM1/6/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh
Thanks Garg Ji.
You had suggested the same earlier.
Regards,
Aarti