Wayanad flora #9 | IdReq 22Mar2011AR01

raghu ananth

Mar 21, 2011, 11:14:53 PM3/21/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Wayanad flora #9 | IdReq 22Mar2011AR01

Date/Time-9 Jan 2011 05:19 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Meenmutty fallsWaynaad, Kerala

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-, Wild, Western ghats,

lant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Shrub,

Forest path

Height/Length-approx - 6 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- Shape - Elliptic, Margin -Smooth, Size-10-12 cms

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts - No flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Regards

Raghu

DSC_1015a.jpg
DSC_1015b.jpg
DSC_1012c.jpg
DSC_1015d.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Mar 22, 2011, 3:38:09 AM3/22/11
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Most probably an Annonaceae member.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Pudji Widodo

Mar 22, 2011, 10:45:39 AM3/22/11
to efloraofindia
The fruits Look like okra (Hibiscus esculentus L.), but the leaves
not?

Pudji Widodo

Vijayasankar

Mar 22, 2011, 11:28:38 AM3/22/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
I guess these are flower-buds, and they resemble that of Brugmansia. Since this is from wild, this could be some other member of solanaceae. I may be wrong though.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 22, 2011, 11:40:34 AM3/22/11
to Vijayasankar, Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
I also feel it is Brugmansia

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jun 30, 2011, 8:31:30 AM6/30/11
to efloraofindia, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, raghu ananth, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, Pudji Widodo

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Most probably an Annonaceae member.” from Muthu ji.

“I guess these are flower-buds, and they resemble that of Brugmansia. Since this is from wild, this could be some other member of solanaceae. I may be wrong though.

Regards
Vijayasankar Raman”

“I also feel it is Brugmansia

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

DSC_1015a.jpg
DSC_1015b.jpg
DSC_1012c.jpg
DSC_1015d.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Jun 30, 2011, 8:35:57 AM6/30/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, yazdy...@gmail.com, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, raghu ananth, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Pudji Widodo
Yes, by seeing the oblique leaf base I could say this is a Solanaceae member.
Dear Raghuji, have you noticed the flowers by now? or any other photo of this plant available?

Yazdy Palia

Jun 30, 2011, 11:41:33 AM6/30/11
to Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, raghu ananth, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Pudji Widodo
Friends, this could be the Datura.  Please check the link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/diannaspix/3016710718/
http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/datura.html
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

raghu ananth

Jul 1, 2011, 8:52:29 AM7/1/11
to Yazdy Palia, Muthu Karthick, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, prajees...@gmail.com, anees...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman, Pudji Widodo
Dear Muthu ji,

All  photos of this plant are shared with the group. Flower buds of this flower looks very similar to Brugmansia. If I get to see this flowering plant in any place.. will post it in  the group.

Regards
Raghu