Swertia -1 from Kalatope for id al210911

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 21, 2011, 12:07:58 PM9/21/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
Today I am posting two Swertia sp. observations from Kalatope

Location Kalatope, Chamba
Altitude 2100 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Plant height 2 feet

In this one the white part near the nectaries is like eyelashes and the
flowers are 1.2 cms across
regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

091311_3425.jpg
091311_3430.jpg

Madhuri Raut

Sep 21, 2011, 12:20:21 PM9/21/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
simply beautiful. What are those silkish threads passing between the flowers?
Regards
Bhagyashri

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 21, 2011, 12:28:09 PM9/21/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Silken threads of a spider web, Bhagyashri ji .. just to give an idea of
scale.... :)
regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 12:33:29 PM9/21/11
to Alok Mahendroo, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
4 petals, single fringed gland suggests Swertia alata, but leaves seem to be narrower.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 22, 2011, 11:03:16 AM9/22/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Sir,
The leaves of this one at the base are 4 cms long and 3 cms wide.. Does
that fit the description of S. alata...
regards
Alok

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 22, 2011, 11:21:21 AM9/22/11
to Alok Mahendroo, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I think that should be alright

They are usually ovate-cordate, 3-7 nerved.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ushadi micromini

Sep 24, 2011, 12:39:40 AM9/24/11
to efloraofindia
beautiful flower, violet tinge is esp well done... Alok ji
and a nice lesson, Gurcharanji...

Usha di
====

On Sep 22, 8:21 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that should be alright
>
> They are usually ovate-cordate, 3-7 nerved.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
> > >         > <alokisabe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >         >         Dear friends,
> > >         >         Today I am posting two Swertia sp. observations from
> > >         Kalatope
>
> > >         >         Location Kalatope, Chamba
> > >         >         Altitude 2100 mts
> > >         >         Habit herb
> > >         >         Habitat wild
> > >         >         Plant height 2 feet
>
> > >         >         In this one the white part near the nectaries is
> > >         like
> > >         >         eyelashes and the
> > >         >         flowers are 1.2 cms across
> > >         >         regards
> > >         >         Alok
> > >         >         --
> > >         >         Himalayan Village Education Trust
> > >         >         Village Khudgot,
> > >         >         P.O. Dalhousie
> > >         >         District Chamba
> > >         >         H.P. 176304, India
>
> > >         >        www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
> > >         >        www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
>
> >http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...
>
> > >         --
>
> > >         Himalayan Village Education Trust
> > >         Village Khudgot,
> > >         P.O. Dalhousie
> > >         District Chamba
> > >         H.P. 176304, India
>
> > >        www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
> > >        www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
>
> >http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...
>
> > --
> > Himalayan Village Education Trust
> > Village Khudgot,
> > P.O. Dalhousie
> > District Chamba
> > H.P. 176304, India
>
> >www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
> >www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
>
> >http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 18, 2012, 5:31:58 AM1/18/12
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Alok ji
THis one should be Swertia angustifolia, which  has narrower leaves and darker dots on corolla.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Jun 10, 2017, 4:04:57 AM6/10/17
to efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, Gurcharan Singh
I think Swertia nervosa (Wall. ex G. Don) C. B. Cl. as per images herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

091311_3425.jpg
091311_3430.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jun 10, 2017, 6:20:32 AM6/10/17
to efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo
Thanks, Alok ji.

Oct 8, 2020, 11:21:46 AM10/8/20
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju, Mushtaq Ahmed Mushtaq
It should be Swertia alata as per GBIF- Specimen, FOI, IIIM