Creeper for ID 230111 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 23, 2011, 9:02:27 AM1/23/11
to in"efloraofindia"
Taken at Nairobi, Kenya in January,2009.
Is it German Ivy?
Aarti
Nairobi-DSCN7358.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 23, 2011, 9:06:12 AM1/23/11
to Aarti S. Khale, in"efloraofindia"
Looks like Senecio to me.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 23, 2011, 9:36:50 PM1/23/11
to Pankaj Kumar, Aarti S. Khale, in"efloraofindia"
I suppose Delairea odorata Lem. (syn: Senecio mikanioides Otto ex Walp.), German ivy or parlour ivy

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 24, 2011, 1:23:43 AM1/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, Aarti S. Khale, in"efloraofindia"
I think you are correct Sir Ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 24, 2011, 2:28:47 AM1/24/11
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Pankaj Kumar, in"efloraofindia"
Dear Gurcharan Ji,
Thanks a lot for the name.
Pankaj ji & Tanay....I feel as if I write a 'Thank you' mail to you
both on a daily basis!!
Was also thinking about German Ivy and had written along with the picture.
Enjoy taking pictures,but finding the correct names becomes very
difficult at times.
Credit goes to my expert friends, as most of the names are found.

Regards,
Aarti

On 1/24/11, tanay bose <tanay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think you are correct Sir Ji
> Tanay
>
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I suppose *Delairea* *odorata* Lem. (syn: *Senecio mikanioides* Otto ex

> *Tanay Bose*

> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> 604-822-2019 (Lab)
> 604-822-6089 (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca

> *Webpages:*

JM Garg

May 4, 2016, 6:01:20 AM5/4/16
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Forwarding again for Id  assistance please.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Senecio to me.
Pankaj

I suppose Delairea odorata Lem. (syn: Senecio mikanioides Otto ex Walp.), German ivy or parlour ivy--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh

I think you are correct Sir Ji

Tanay

There are conflicting images at net mostly not matching as at CalPhotos, GISD etc.. Pl. also see google search
But matching only at Toptropicals
Nairobi-DSCN7358.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

May 6, 2016, 12:31:50 AM5/6/16
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Garg Ji,
Thank you for pointing out.
Can we consider

Senecio tamoides?