Plant for ID SMP1 28/03/2011

Satish Phadke

Mar 28, 2011, 10:31:15 AM3/28/11
to indiantreepix
A very small herb. Near Phansad/Roha
Prostrate...total length might be around 20-30cm.
Flower size less than a cm white
Growing in dry paddy fields on 19 March 2011.
Most of the flowering was over though we could capture some flowers.
Shrikant ji was with me and told me the ID ....some Convolvulaceae? species, but I couldn't find the details from the available books.
For ID.
Dr Phadke

_MG_1491s.jpg
_MG_1484s.jpg
_MG_1487s.jpg

Rohit Patel

Mar 28, 2011, 11:54:59 AM3/28/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Cressa critica

Rohit
--
ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
Asst. Project cordinator

Satish Phadke

Mar 28, 2011, 12:02:34 PM3/28/11
to Rohit Patel, indiantreepix
Thanks Rohit ji
It does appear to be Cressa cretica.(A small correction)

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 28, 2011, 12:02:37 PM3/28/11
to Rohit Patel, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Really nice close up Satish ji
Yes Cressa cretica

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Prashant awale

Mar 28, 2011, 12:03:26 PM3/28/11
to Rohit Patel, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Third photograph is looking great. Well focused and detailed image. Thanks Satish ji for sharing.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Mar 28, 2011, 2:35:08 PM3/28/11
to Prashant awale, Rohit Patel, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes Cressa cretica the close-up is really awesome
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.