Greetings from TBGRI

1 view

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 20, 2011, 9:46:50 AM1/20/11
to indiantreepix
From HIMALAYA to DOON VALLEY, crossing SHIVALIKS, across the
ARAVALLIS, jumping over the ARID ZONE into the WESTERN GHATS, and now
at the base of AGASTAMALAYA HILLS......home for the famous endemic
Paphiopedilum druryii.........saw tonnes of Orchids today. I
think..........I AM LOVING IT......

Met my MAHAGURU, Dr. C. Sathish Kumar and also met Dr. E.S.Santhosh
Kumar one of our eflora members.

Will be spending one week here and then back to doon. This is one of
my dream trips. Reaching Dehradun by 2nd Feb and on 18th flying to
Sikkim. Thats another of my dream trips.

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 20, 2011, 12:01:44 PM1/20/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Pankaj ji
It is good to know that you are really enjoying your trips and finding yourself among your favourite orchids. Enjoy well and bring back a good collection. We are all waiting for your findings.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jan 20, 2011, 11:54:59 PM1/20/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Best Wishes, Pankaj ji.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1500 members & 60,000 messages on 15/1/11 & with a database of around 4450 species on 15/12/10)

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 21, 2011, 1:05:33 PM1/21/11
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Dear all,
Just to let you all know that I am not here for field work, though I
am roaming around. I work is more library oriented. Dr Sathish has a
huge collection of literatures and he offered to help me. He has
always been kind and helpful to me since I met him for the first time
in 2003. And he was also the main person behind the project on Orchids
which was undertaken at different institutions in India to cover the
whole country, so because of that, and of course because of his
immeasurable knowledge on orchids and plant taxonomy I always call him
my MAHAGURU.
We are having some very good taxonomic discussions mainly or better
say exclusively on orchids and he has been showing all his collections
though he met with an accident recently and has medical issues. Also
met Dr. Santosh who has been very encouraging and one of Dr. Sathish's
colleague and student, Dr. Saleem and Anil who have been helpful too.

I just wish to utilize my time as much as I can.

I am surely taking pics at the botanical garden which has some unique
plants never shared on eflora. I will surely share them when I am
back.

Thanks a lot for your good wishes, Vijay, Ritesh, Sathish Sir, Dinesh
Sir, Garg Sir, Gurcharan Sir, Sid, Muthu...

My personal internet system is very slow :((
Regards
Pankaj

DSC_5068.JPG