Recovery Plan for the Endangered Taxonomy Profession

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 23, 2011, 3:35:24 PM3/23/11
to indiantreepix, GS Rawat, kotia...@gmail.com, UMESHKUMAR, Ninad Raut, Sharma, Jyotsna, Prof. S. B. Babbar, Ritesh Choudhary, Dinesh Valke, Hemanth Tripathi..."Botanical Beast", Iffat Parveen, Swapna.....the dreams are hybernating!!!, Aparna Watve, J.M. Garg, Sayed Nudrat, Rajendra Shinde, sweedle cerejo, sameer surve, Giby Kuriakose, Muthu Karthick, manudev madhavan, Anahat~.. .., Santosh K Shah, Atiqur Barbhuiya, Dr. Amit Chauhan, gunjan sud, hari lal, Milind Sardesai, Pardeshi S., Navendu Page, nitasha sharma
This article may be of nice reading for those who are really interested.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Recovery_plan_for_taxonomy.pdf

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2011, 10:18:51 PM3/23/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix, GS Rawat, kotia...@gmail.com, UMESHKUMAR, Ninad Raut, Sharma, Jyotsna, Prof. S. B. Babbar, Ritesh Choudhary, Dinesh Valke, Hemanth Tripathi..."Botanical Beast", Iffat Parveen, Swapna.....the dreams are hybernating!!!, Aparna Watve, J.M. Garg, Sayed Nudrat, Rajendra Shinde, sweedle cerejo, sameer surve, Giby Kuriakose, Muthu Karthick, manudev madhavan, Anahat~.. .., Santosh K Shah, Atiqur Barbhuiya, Dr. Amit Chauhan, gunjan sud, hari lal, Milind Sardesai, Pardeshi S., Navendu Page, nitasha sharma
Thanks Pankaj ji for the useful article

We realise it or not, efloraofindia group is already implementing a large portion of recovery plan. Perhaps no electronic group or institution would have so many parataxonomists who are collecting useful information through their lens and enriching our database for taxonomists to critically analyse. With the substitution of type photographs and protologue which Pankaj ji and Rashida ji attach frequently, we may soon achieve much more than the paper is suggesting.
     At this pace and with more professionals joining in the Taxonomy, especially the Indian taxonomy has a great future.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Mar 23, 2011, 10:55:35 PM3/23/11
to indiantreepix
I will humbly request not to use "reply all" in this thread as it will
go to people's personal mail outside the group. It was my mistake that
I should have BCC to people. Please accept my apologies.
Have a good day...
I am off to Mussorie for field trip..........
Regards
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 23, 2011, 11:04:23 PM3/23/11