Reuest for Tree iD 0039

raman

Sep 27, 2011, 11:52:09 PM9/27/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Defence Colony, Indiranagar, Bangalore

Thanks
Raman
ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Leaf.jpg
ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Bark.jpg
ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Flower.jpg
ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Fruit.jpg

Vijayasankar

Sep 27, 2011, 11:55:08 PM9/27/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Sambucus nigra, the Elderberry.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Mahadeswara

Sep 28, 2011, 12:00:07 AM9/28/11
to efloraofindia
Sambucus canadensis; family: Sambucaceae. Please check whether this
is the synonym of S.nigra. This is an ornamental bush seen in many
places in Mysore also.
>  ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Leaf.jpg
> 47KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Bark.jpg
> 67KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Flower.jpg
> 75KViewDownload
>
>  ZZ Unknown 039 Tree - Fruit.jpg
> 79KViewDownload

raman

Sep 28, 2011, 12:05:50 AM9/28/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

Can it be this also?

The bark has smaller thorn like dots.

http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/American%20Elder.html

Raman

Vijayasankar

Sep 28, 2011, 12:19:13 AM9/28/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Swamy ji, I think you are right.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Pinki

Sep 28, 2011, 1:06:32 AM9/28/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Raman Ji

this surely is Sambucus (family Caprifoliaceae)...dont know the
species....

Alok

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 28, 2011, 3:13:49 AM9/28/11
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman, Pinki
Yes I agree with Mahadeswara Ji that this is Sambucus canadensis of Adoxaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Balkar Arya

Sep 28, 2011, 10:41:16 AM9/28/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman, Pinki
Thanks to all for showing and for id of this plant. This was pending with me from NBPGR Shimla.
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Balkar Arya

Sep 28, 2011, 11:09:59 AM9/28/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman, Pinki
Yes i could find those pics
kindly validate
Sambucus sp (1).jpg
Sambucus sp (2).jpg