ID needed for Leh Flowers 32a&b

Nudrat Sayed

Oct 12, 2010, 2:19:00 PM10/12/10
to indiantreepix

Hello All,

Please help with identification of this plant. Is it possible that this plant belongs Aconitum sps.
--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

32a.jpg
32b.jpg

Navendu

Oct 13, 2010, 1:18:24 AM10/13/10
to efloraofindia
Delphinium brunoniana?

navendu
>  32a.jpg
> 224KViewDownload
>
>  32b.jpg
> 119KViewDownload

tanay bose

Oct 13, 2010, 1:53:12 AM10/13/10
to Navendu, efloraofindia
I think Delphinium brunonianum.
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 13, 2010, 1:59:41 AM10/13/10
to tanay bose, Navendu, efloraofindia
Please have a look at this one

D. cachemeriana is more likely

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 13, 2010, 9:07:36 AM10/13/10
to Navendu, efloraofindia
Dear Navendu
If it is Delphinium then the species should be brunonianum except for
the few exceptions.
Delphinium for sure, not sure about the species.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

navendu page

Oct 14, 2010, 1:18:00 AM10/14/10
to Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj,
D.brunonianum and D.cashemeriana appear to be very closely related species and the differences between these are not very clear. It could be either of the two

navendu
--
Navendu Page

PhD student
Kartik Shanker's Lab
Center for Ecological Sciences
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore - 560012
Ph: +91 9611053510

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 29, 2010, 5:17:42 PM10/29/10
to navendu page, Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I would prefer to go with the D. cashmerianum because of the following reasons

1. D. brunonianum is a dwarf plant rarely exceeding 30 cm in height and with inflorescence slightly longer than lower leaves. Here it is much longer.
2. Flowers of D. brunonianum are much lighter in colour as seen at FOI website and link from Ladakh provided by me.
3. Perhaps the source of confusion is the photograph of D. cashmerianum provided at FOI. It must be remembered that D. cashmerianum has never been reported from Nepal eastwards. Even its presence in Nepal is doubtful as per eFlora (Ann. Checklist of Flowering plants of Nepal). Obviously the plant at FOI is not D. cashmerianum. It may be D. viscosum or any other East Himalayan species. Perhaps Ritesh ji or Tanay can work on this.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Nov 24, 2010, 7:24:19 AM11/24/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, Tabish, Gurcharan Singh, navendu page, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Nudrat

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Please have a look at this one
http://www.planetefleurs.fr/Systematique/Renonculaceae/Delphinium_brunonianum.htm

[...]

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1420 members & 52,000 messages on 26/10/10 & with a database of around 4200 species on 30/9/10)

32a.jpg
32b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Distributed as  Delphinium cashmerianum ?
I now agree with  Navendi ji, Tanay and Pankaj, for this being D. brunonianum looking at spur and petals
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 30, 2021, 8:48:15 AM1/30/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, Nudrat
Delphinium brunonianum Royle would be the correct ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 10, 2021, 5:51:00 AM2/10/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Nudrat
Thanks Saroj ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 10, 2021, 7:02:20 AM2/10/21
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Nudrat
My pleasure !
Thank you Gurucharan Sir !

Saroj Kasaju