identification

Vijayadas D

Apr 29, 2011, 1:38:51 AM4/29/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

 I am seeking your kind attention and help to identify an arthropod , even though it is out of our group.

with many thanks,

--
Vijayadas
Electro Saudi Services Ltd.

DSCN2807.JPG

Neil Soares

Apr 29, 2011, 3:19:37 AM4/29/11
to efloraofindia, Vijayadas D
Hi Dr. Vijayadas,
  This is a Camel Spider also called a Sun Spider / Wind Spider [Family Solifugae]. It is not venemous but has powerful jaws and can run swiftly. Will send you my photographs of this later.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

Vijayadas D

Apr 29, 2011, 3:51:39 AM4/29/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Thanks sir

vijayadas

Neil Soares

Apr 29, 2011, 3:53:04 AM4/29/11
to efloraofindia, Vijayadas D
Hi Dr.Vijayadas,
  Sending you my photographs taken on my farm at Shahapur. From where was your specimen collected ?
                       Regards,
                        Neil Soares.

--- On Fri, 4/29/11, Neil Soares <drneil...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Solifuge [Sun Spider] 1.jpg
Solifuge [Sun Spider] 2.jpg
Solifuge [Sun Spider] 3.jpg
Solifuge [Sun Spider] 4.jpg
Solifuge [Sun Spider] 5.jpg
Solifuge [Sun Spider] 6.jpg

Vijayadas D

Apr 29, 2011, 3:59:01 AM4/29/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
sir,

I have collected this from a villa, in Riyadh, the residential complex where I am working.

but  I have a doubt  your fotos are differe from my own , whether sex difference or ecological variation ?

Neil Soares

Apr 29, 2011, 6:44:04 AM4/29/11
to Vijayadas D, efloraofindia
Hi Dr.Vijayadas,
    Camel spiders, Wind Scorpions or Sun Spiders of the Family Solifugae have more than a 1000 species in more than 150 genera.
                  Regards,
                    Neil Soares.

Vijayadas D

Apr 29, 2011, 10:08:55 AM4/29/11