Freak Orchid Flower

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Aug 24, 2011, 6:55:54 AM8/24/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All,

While on the subject of Oroxylum flower with 8 stamens (Satishji's post) I wanted to attach this picture of fused corolla which I could not find, hence posting now. Do we say that this Eulophia nuda orchid has 5 petals, 5 sepals, 2 columns and 2 lips? The usual purple colour is also changed to rosy white. Regards,

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.

Treat yourself at a restaurant, spa, resort and much more with Rediff Deal ho jaye!
Freak_Eulophia.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 24, 2011, 10:04:29 AM8/24/11
to efloraofindia
Respected Shrikant Sir
This is for sure Eulophia spectabilis earlier known as Eulophia nuda.
Can you please share larger image, and please also allow me to share
this with some of the orchid experts!!
Deformed flower in orchids is not a big deal. I have a Dendrobium
moschatum which never has a labellum but column is present.
Color deformities in Dendrobium amoenum is also well known.
Pankaj

On Aug 24, 6:55 am, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <le...@rediffmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear All,
> &nbsp;
> While on the subject of Oroxylum flower with 8 stamens (Satishji's post) I wanted to attach this picture of fused corolla which I could not find, hence posting now. Do we say that this Eulophia nuda orchid has 5 petals, 5 sepals, 2 columns and 2 lips? The usual purple colour is also changed to rosy white. Regards,Shrikant Ingalhalikar12 Varshanand SocietyAnandnagar Sinhagad RoadPune 411 051.www.idsahyadri.comTel91 20 2435 0765.Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
>
>  Freak_Eulophia.jpg
> 838KViewDownload

shrikant ingalhalikar

Aug 25, 2011, 7:56:33 AM8/25/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Dr. Pankaj Kumar,
Sharing the picture anywhere is welcome, pls ask for a suitable size.
Regards, Shrikant