Plant for ID SMP2 13/05/2011

Satish Phadke

May 13, 2011, 11:17:45 AM5/13/11
to indiantreepix
For ID
A medium sized tree observed in Botanical garden of Pune University in March 2011.
On gross observation appears like Karnj(Pongamia) tree and the inflorescence looks like that of Mango tree but it is not.
Some Anacardiaceae member?
Dr Phadke
_MG_1253s.jpg
_MG_1247s.jpg
_MG_1250s.jpg

Yazdy Palia

May 13, 2011, 4:39:52 PM5/13/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
If the undersides of the leaf is greyish or off white, it could be
venteak. Is the bark smooth?
Attaching a picture of Venteak branch showing flower buds with a
couple of leaves showing the top side and the rest with the bottom
side of the leaves.
Regards
Yazdy.
IMG_6258.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 11, 2011, 7:04:13 AM6/11/11
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, Yazdy Palia, Mahadeswara, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Yazdy ji...............................................f the undersides of the leaf is greyish or off white, it could be

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Sep 7, 2011, 8:41:06 AM9/7/11
to efloraofindia
Clausena indica of Rutaceae. Regards, Shrikant