Dr. Gurcharan Singh- crossed 8000 messages- efi Guru & Guide

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2011, 1:32:35 AM9/20/11
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
I always wondered at the energy with which he shaped efi since he joined efi in Nov.'2009. It was when indiantreepix (now efi) was in its nascent stage. I know he will even fight for the right cause & force the issue on matters of importance like mentioning author citation etc. From his guidance, efi has evolved as an institution on national importance, which is also involved in documentation of Indian Flora in the form of efi website.

He is the first member to cross 8000 posts (almost 10% of total messages) on efi. His details can be seen at

On this teachers day, we privately deliberated about him. Lot of epithets came to our mind for him like Pitamaha, Sarathi, Guide, Guru, Mahaguru, Living/Walking Encyclopedia of Indian Plants etc. However, we decided let something automatically stick to him on efi rather than we imposing ourselves.

My salute to him on being a fatherly figure & a great guide & teacher on efi.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 20, 2011, 1:57:51 AM9/20/11
to J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
Great!!!!!
Sirji, so you are a path leader for teacher like me to follow. I am really proud to be member of eflora becuse that's why I could know you and many others who are dedicated to the cause.
My salute and thanks for moulding me too!
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:02:35 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:82386] Dr. Gurcharan Singh- crossed 8000 messages- efi Guru & Guide

Dinesh Valke

Sep 20, 2011, 2:21:20 AM9/20/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
... my salutes and respects  to Gurcharan ji !!!
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 20, 2011, 2:43:22 AM9/20/11
to Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
Garg ji
Just to set record straight I must mention that I became member of the group on August 1, 2009 under email ID sin...@sify.com and shifted over to sing...@gmail.com from November. So my total posts are 801 (under sin...@sify.com) + 8007 (under sing...@gmail.com), total plus 8800 (8807 right now)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Smita Raskar

Sep 20, 2011, 3:08:09 AM9/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
Congrates Dr. Gurucharan
we  came to know many unknown flowers  bcoz of  you and we will continue doing so
Garg  rightly described you Encyclopedia of plants, Guru and Father figure on the site
... i will to say ..he is 'Back bone of Eflora'
i appreciate his dedication to site
few days back also i mentioned..site is rich bcoz of experts like him
lot more post are still to come from him
I am taking a chance to wish him happiness and health
keep posting sir
regards
Smita
--
Smita raskar
308 Disha Residency,

Madhuri Raut

Sep 20, 2011, 3:18:48 AM9/20/11
to Smita Raskar, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
I have equated him to Maharshi of Taxonomy.
My salutes and sincere respects to him
Best regards
Bhagyashri

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2011, 5:22:33 AM9/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia
Sorry, Singh ji.
You are right. Somehow, I missed it.

Chitralekha

Sep 20, 2011, 10:16:24 AM9/20/11
to efloraofindia
Congratulations Dr.Gurcharan Singh ji. I salute your dedication to
eflora. I am proud to have been your colleague, though a very junior
one in terms of knowledge.
Best wishes and warm regards,
Chitralekha

On Sep 20, 10:32 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear members,
> I always wondered at the energy with which he shaped efi since he joined efi
> in Nov.'2009. It was when indiantreepix (now efi) was in its nascent stage.
> I know he will even fight for the right cause & force the issue on matters
> of importance like mentioning author citation etc. From his guidance, efi
> has evolved as an institution on national importance, which is also involved
> in documentation of Indian Flora in the form of efi website.
>
> He is the first member to cross 8000 posts (almost 10% of total messages) on
> efi. His details can be seen athttps://groups.google.com/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=eXsq6hIAAABtP...
>
> On this teachers day, we privately deliberated about him. Lot of epithets
> came to our mind for him like Pitamaha, Sarathi, Guide, Guru, Mahaguru,
> Living/Walking Encyclopedia of Indian Plants etc. However, we decided let
> something automatically stick to him on efi rather than we imposing
> ourselves.
>
> My salute to him on being a fatherly figure & a great guide & teacher on
> efi.
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &
> eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged
> alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg. You can also use them
> for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
> please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix(more than 1700 members &
> 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website:https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/(with a species database

Vijayasankar

Sep 20, 2011, 10:30:26 AM9/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
Congrats, Gurcharan ji.
If we convert every post into meters, you have almost reached the Mt. Everest! Its remarkable...
Wishing you to reach many more such heights in the future too.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Nidhan Singh

Sep 20, 2011, 10:48:33 AM9/20/11
to Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
Dear Gurcharan Sir,

I know this is only a small part of your treasure, hope to find so many posts in the days to come.
You are real Guru for all of us, I am very lucky to be blessed with your company.
Congrats and best of luck for the future.

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Mohan V. Chunkath

Sep 20, 2011, 12:08:39 PM9/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh,
Congratulations on your signal contributions to the list! A big thanks from all of us.
Regards,
Mohan

Alok

Sep 20, 2011, 1:03:41 PM9/20/11
to efloraofindia
Sir,
During my short period as a member of EFI, Gurcharan ji has already
provided valuable lessons in his posts... (and sometimes in his
silence too), I am indebted to him for being patient and kind to
laymen like me who can be quite exasperating at times....
Thank you Gurcharan ji for being the teacher and the person you
are...
regards
Alok

J.M. Garg wrote:
> Dear members,
> I always wondered at the energy with which he shaped efi since he joined efi
> in Nov.'2009. It was when indiantreepix (now efi) was in its nascent stage.
> I know he will even fight for the right cause & force the issue on matters
> of importance like mentioning author citation etc. From his guidance, efi
> has evolved as an institution on national importance, which is also involved
> in documentation of Indian Flora in the form of efi website.
>
> He is the first member to cross 8000 posts (almost 10% of total messages) on
> efi. His details can be seen at
> https://groups.google.com/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=eXsq6hIAAABtPVFqUivGRZQfFgdlDyQm8rhlH0Pnl47z4AZhN98BFg&group=indiantreepix
>
> On this teachers day, we privately deliberated about him. Lot of epithets
> came to our mind for him like Pitamaha, Sarathi, Guide, Guru, Mahaguru,
> Living/Walking Encyclopedia of Indian Plants etc. However, we decided let
> something automatically stick to him on efi rather than we imposing
> ourselves.
>
> My salute to him on being a fatherly figure & a great guide & teacher on
> efi.
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a *thousand species* &

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 20, 2011, 4:02:05 PM9/20/11
to Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
Gargji a thought came in minf,
Can we call him the Vice Chancellor of our e gurukul?

From: Vijayasankar <vijay.b...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:30:26 -0500
To: Gurcharan Singh<sing...@gmail.com>

Balkar Arya

Sep 20, 2011, 9:07:05 PM9/20/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
We are very lucky to have Company of Dr Gurcharan Singh Ji on two plant exploration trips Morni and Chakrata. We learnt a lot from him on these two tours.He has a great knowledge of plants. we salute him for his guidance and many valuable suggestions.
thanks Sir being with us and in future also surely we will have your company on different plant exploration tours.
Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

hari lal

Sep 20, 2011, 11:49:22 PM9/20/11
to Balkar Arya, formp...@yahoo.com, Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, Efloraindia
my regards to Dr. singh thanks sir for company
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 21, 2011, 12:04:44 AM9/21/11
to efloraofindia
I missed this some how.
Many many congratulations and hope to get more and more information
from you in many many years to come ahead....
Regards
Pankaj

On Sep 21, 11:49 am, hari lal <taxo....@gmail.com> wrote:
> my regards to Dr. singh thanks sir for company
>

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We are very lucky to have Company of Dr Gurcharan Singh Ji on two plant
> > exploration trips Morni and Chakrata. We learnt a lot from him on these two
> > tours.He has a great knowledge of plants. we salute him for his guidance and
> > many valuable suggestions.
> > thanks Sir being with us and in future also surely we will have your
> > company on different plant exploration tours.
> > Thanks
>
> > On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 1:32 AM, <formpeja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> **Gargji a thought came in minf,
> >> Can we call him the Vice Chancellor of our e gurukul?
>
> >> Madhuri
>
> >> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel
> >> ------------------------------
> >>  *From: *Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>
> >> *Date: *Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:30:26 -0500
> >> *To: *Gurcharan Singh<singh...@gmail.com>
> >> *Cc: *Dinesh Valke<dinesh.va...@gmail.com>; <formpeja...@yahoo.com>; J.M.
> >> Garg<jmga...@gmail.com>; Efloraindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
> >> *Subject: *Re: [efloraofindia:82390] Dr. Gurcharan Singh- crossed 8000
> >> messages- efiGuru & Guide
>
> >> Congrats, Gurcharan ji.
> >> If we convert every post into meters, you have almost reached the Mt.
> >> Everest! Its remarkable...
> >> Wishing you to reach many more such heights in the future too.
>
> >> Regards
>
> >> Vijayasankar Raman
> >> National Center for Natural Products Research
> >> University of Mississippi

> > --
> > Regards
>
> > Dr Balkar Singh
> > Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> > Arya P G College, Panipat
> > Haryana-132103
> > 09416262964
>
> --
> HARI SHANKAR LAL
> AT-SHIV KUTIR
> PO-BARA BAZAR
> DIST-HAZARIBAG
> PIN-825301
> JHARKHAND,INDIA
> MOBILE-9431530563
> EMAIL-taxo....@gmail.com

Satish Phadke

Sep 21, 2011, 3:01:48 AM9/21/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
I am proud we have such a great member and moderator of the group.
DR PHADKE
--
Dr Satish Phadke

prasad dash

Sep 21, 2011, 7:13:33 AM9/21/11
to Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Sir Congratulations. I think you eyes are so meticulous and magnified to distinguish many taxonomic puzzles which is one of the best learning for me as a new member of this group.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Bhatt Sweta

Sep 21, 2011, 7:16:28 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Congratulations Sir.
We are lucky to be associated with you via this venture of eflora.

Regards,
Shweta
--
Bhatt Shweta