Fruits & Vegetables Week: Holunder flowers; Sambucus (elder or elderberry) 050111 NB

nabha meghani

Jan 5, 2011, 7:54:48 AM1/5/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Fotos taken in Ritterhude in August / Sept. 2009

Berries are used to make juice and jam, they are rich on Vitamine C.
Flowers are used to make Bhaji, Pakodas. Mouthwatering.
Regards
Nalini
Holunder-100_3862.JPG
Holunder-100_3862 (1).JPG
Holunder-100_3862 (2).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 5, 2011, 11:27:33 AM1/5/11
to nabha meghani, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think the European plant is Sambucus nigra, with usually five leaflets.

 --
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

nabha meghani

Jan 6, 2011, 5:32:56 AM1/6/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes it is Sambucus nigra. Foto of  the leaflets I can take in April / May this year. At present the trees and bushes are leafless and covered with snow.