Calyptocarpus vialis of Asteraceae

Muthu Karthick

Jun 7, 2010, 3:11:46 AM6/7/10
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
This herb is found growing profusely on the ground. not exceeding a height of 10cm.
This plant looks like Calyptocarpus vialis for me. Any other possibilities?

Location: Masinagudi village in Nilgiris of TN
Date: 09 May 2010

And I like to know the recent nomenclature of this. is Blainvillea acmella (L.) Philipson  a synonym?

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 7, 2010, 6:50:04 AM6/7/10
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Muthu ji
Blainvillea acmella is the new name for plant earlier known as Spilanthes acmella or Verbesina acmella. Your plant Calyptocarpus vialis is quite distinct plant, perhaps a recent introduction into India.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

R. Vijayasankar

Jun 7, 2010, 8:35:45 AM6/7/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
The popular name (synonym) is Synedrella vialis.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar