Re: Ipomoea sp.

Ratna Ghosh

Nov 17, 2010, 12:09:33 AM11/17/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This Ipomoea is also from South Sikkim in last October. I was guessing it to be Ipomoea rubro-caerulea.
Experts may kindly convey its proper ID.

Thanks and regards
Ratna Ghosh
Ipomoea sp. _SSikkim 023 ch.jpg

tanay bose

Nov 17, 2010, 12:12:05 AM11/17/10
to Ratna Ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Ipomoea purpurea I believe
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

C KUNHIKANNAN

Nov 17, 2010, 12:28:17 PM11/17/10
to Ratna Ghosh, indian...@googlegroups.com
To me it is Ipomoea purpurea
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Nov 19, 2010, 1:16:36 AM11/19/10
to efloraofindia

On Nov 17, 12:28 pm, C KUNHIKANNAN <kunhikan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To me it is Ipomoea purpurea
> kunhikannan
>
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Ratna Ghosh <ratn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This Ipomoea is also from South Sikkim in last October. I was guessing it to
> > be Ipomoea rubro-caerulea.
> > Experts may kindly convey its proper ID.
>
> > Thanks and regards
> > Ratna Ghosh
>
> --
> Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
> Division of Biodiversity,
> Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding,
> Forest Campus,  R.S.Puram,
> Coimbatore-641002, Tamilnadu.

Hello,

The majority of the leaves and clusters in the photo do not
belong to the same plant that has open corolla.

The corolla and the sepals that I see are that of Ipomoea indica,

regards,

Ron

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 5, 2010, 9:15:12 AM12/5/10
to Ron_Convolvulaceae, efloraofindia
Ipomoea indica (Burm.f.) Merr. Interpr. Rumph. Herb. Amboin. 445 (1917).

Basionym:
Convolvulus indicus Burm.f. Herb. Amboin. Auct. Index Univ. sign. V 2,
verso (1755)

Type: Iconotype - illustration of Convolvulus indicus flore violaceo
in Besler, Hort. Eyst. Aest. Ord. 13, Vol. 8, fig. 2(1613).
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate