Malvaceae week :: Pachira aquatica

Satish Phadke

Sep 8, 2011, 6:19:57 AM9/8/11
to indiantreepix
Pachira aquatica posted earlier by me.....

Sep 8, 2011, 6:41:02 AM9/8/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks Satish ji
Pachira reminded me of a potted plant in California store I had photographed. Yes it was Pachira aquatica, I will upload soon.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Sep 8, 2011, 10:30:08 AM9/8/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Awesome catch Satish Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

Sep 8, 2011, 1:48:49 PM9/8/11
to efloraofindia
what a nice set... esp # 5...

where exactly is it?

can you look at the map I sent you and remember perhaps...

Usha di
=========

On Sep 8, 7:30 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awesome catch Satish Ji
>

> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Satish ji
> > Pachira reminded me of a potted plant in California store I had
> > photographed. Yes it was Pachira aquatica, I will upload soon.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> *Pachira aquatica* posted earlier by me.....

Ushadi micromini

Sep 8, 2011, 11:47:16 PM9/8/11
to efloraofindia
ALso looking at the #3 it seems your camera was at the same level as
the top of the tree... did you climb a near by tree? or where you on a
building near by????

Secondly, I dont see any red in the stamens at all... wonder why????

usha di
=========

On Sep 8, 10:48 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

vidyadhar ogale

Sep 9, 2011, 3:16:36 AM9/9/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Is Pseudobombax ellipticum (Shaving Brush tree) a synonym of this plant? One such specimen exists in V.J.B.Udyan, Byculla, Mumbai. Another dark pink variety exists in BARC, Trombay.
Dr.Ogale

Satish Phadke

Sep 9, 2011, 6:40:32 AM9/9/11
to vidyadhar ogale, indiantreepix
No they are totally different plants.

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2016, 3:10:11 AM5/19/16
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, Gurcharan Singh, raman
Pachira glabra as per original thread, as per another thread & UBC link
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Pachira aquatica1.jpg
Pachira aquatica2.jpg
Pachira aquatica3.jpg
Pachira aquatica4.jpg
Pachira aquatica5.jpg
Pachira aquatica6.jpg

J.M. Garg

Dec 25, 2017, 4:19:28 AM12/25/17
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, GurcharanSingh, V.K.Ogale