ID requested of DSC8386

Rakesh

Aug 3, 2011, 3:44:03 AM8/3/11
to Indiantreepix
Photo taken in Asansol(W.B.) date: 31/07/11 time: 09:05 AM.

These plants having a height of around 1.1/2 ft. normally having 2/3 flowers open at a time. This could be a coincidence but the number of plants which I saw were mostly by the roadside. This I have not seen in a particular place normally wherever I saw it’s the same situation.

Dinesh Electricals
[A Unit Of Dinesh Metalicks & Electricals Pvt. Ltd.]
G.T.Road, Raniganj More
Raniganj - 713347 (W.B.)
Ph.: 0341-2445684
Fax: 0341-2445404
_DSC8386.JPG

Rohit Patel

Aug 3, 2011, 3:45:46 AM8/3/11
to Rakesh, Indiantreepix
Martinia sp?????????

Neil Soares

Aug 3, 2011, 6:30:19 AM8/3/11
to Rakesh, Rohit Patel, Indiantreepix
Hi,
 Agreed. This is the Devil's Claw [Martynia annua].
                  Regards,
                   Neil Soares.

Narendra Joshi

Aug 3, 2011, 9:03:10 AM8/3/11
to Neil Soares, Rakesh, Rohit Patel, Indiantreepix
Yes Sir, it is Devil's Claw [Martynia annua] Vinchavi in Marathi

With regards,

Narendra Joshi.
--
With Regards,
Narendra Joshi

tanay bose

Aug 3, 2011, 9:58:05 AM8/3/11
to Narendra Joshi, Neil Soares, Rakesh, Rohit Patel, Indiantreepix
Yup Martynia annua
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Mahadeswara

Aug 4, 2011, 7:55:21 AM8/4/11
to efloraofindia
Devil's Claw ( Martynia annua) . A common weed in Mysore city.