Need help...non-botanical yet related....

1 view

Ushadi micromini

May 22, 2011, 4:36:16 AM5/22/11
to efloraofindia
I want to be able to record bird songs in early morning hours before
car horns etc take over... I need to know what's available in India
to buy ... as in mike ot sound capture instrument and recorder... .
can some one here help with some leads as to brands, names and where
one can find them????

I said this is related to botany, because all the birds I hear
singing, chirping etc are in trees!! ha ha ha
Thanks... Usha di

Gurcharan Singh

May 22, 2011, 4:49:43 AM5/22/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks Usha di
We recently installed a door bell chime that has birch chirp sound. We initially had ding-dong, that caught fire twice when door bell button remained pressed (a wearing effect), and we shifted to musical one when our electrician suggested it has an electronic circuit and there is no danger of fire. Now many a times we are in a suspense whether it is door bell or a bird chirping in our balcony. Hope to record and send you this chirp (the real one, not door bell) in near future.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Madhuri Pejaver

May 22, 2011, 5:13:31 AM5/22/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Anil Kunte, hemakant gupe, hemkant gupte
Dear Ushdi
I am forwarding your mail to Mr. Anil Kunte, an expert in birds. He has assosiates/friends who have recorded the bird songs and have made even professional cds too.
I am also sending it to Mr. Hemkant Gupte who himself is an enthusiast in all such things. Hope both help you
thank you
Madhuri

ushadi Micromini

May 22, 2011, 5:34:01 AM5/22/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Anil Kunte, hemakant gupe, hemkant gupte
Thanks, Madhuri ji, U di

Rakesh Biswas

May 22, 2011, 5:58:35 AM5/22/11
to ushadi Micromini, Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Anil Kunte, hemakant gupe, hemkant gupte
Another very active group recording bird calls is 'Kolkata birders' and some of them are also members here. They have most of the available bird calls from Kolkata on their web site and can also suggest some equipment for you to help start  recording your own bird calls.

rakesh

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 22, 2011, 2:26:09 PM5/22/11
to efloraofindia
One of our faculty members Mr. Pratap Singh (IFS), Scientist F, has
been doing this since a long time. You may like to ask him.
His id is prata...@wii.gov.in.

He has also published CDs of bird calls using his electronic
equipments.

Singh P. & C.S. Rathore (2006). Piyu: A Repository of Bird Calls for
Madhya Pradesh. A CD published by Madhya Pradesh Biodiversity Board &
Indian Institute of Forest Management.
Singh P. (2000). Bird Songs of Great Himalayan National Park
Conservation Area. A CD made by Wildlife Institute of India.

Regards
Pankaj

ushadi Micromini

May 22, 2011, 2:30:57 PM5/22/11
to Rakesh Biswas, Madhuri Pejaver, efloraofindia, Anil Kunte, hemakant gupe, hemkant gupte
Dear Rakesh:  thanks Do you know any of these folks , can you give me their names ...I am asking for names of helpful kinda guys...
thanks ,
Usha di
==

ushadi Micromini

May 22, 2011, 2:38:57 PM5/22/11
to Anil Kunte, Madhuri Pejaver, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Kunte: Ms. Madhuri at eflora recommended that I write to you.

1: I was looking to buy some equipment ( not too bulky)  to record bird songs in the morning....before the traffic takes over our urban landscape...
she thought you might be able to steer me in the right direction...

2:  also, am looking dor cds that may help identify the bird songs...  please any diections// help you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks...
Usha di.

=========

Ushadi micromini

May 22, 2011, 2:52:39 PM5/22/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, prata...@wii.gov.in, efloraofindia
Dear Dr. Pratap Singh ji:
I am following up on this message from Dr. Pankaj Kumar.....
I am new to eflora and I asked for some help in finding some
affordable, not too heavy equipment I could buy to record bird songs
in my urban environment...
your name has been suggested as some one who has been using such
equipment and that you have made some CDs...
so I need info about the equipment and TWO about how to go about
purchasing the cds...
Thanks Usha di.
===