RequestID_19062011DS_SN2

Dalia Set

Jun 20, 2011, 2:08:06 PM6/20/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends

This Lily is from my roof garden - in April 2011.

Broad petals - dark red white fine stripes. In general, it is Easter Lily.

Detail Id requested.
Thanks
Dalia

EasterLily_Home_Apr2011.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Jun 20, 2011, 3:45:27 PM6/20/11
to efloraofindia
Hippeastrum sp.
Pankaj
>  EasterLily_Home_Apr2011.jpg
> 159KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Jun 20, 2011, 11:48:45 PM6/20/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Dalia, this is an Amaryllis lily... Family: *Amaryllidaceae*
originated in SOUTH AMERICA ...

(this name Amaryllis is also a misnomer..true Amaryllis is "naked
lady" lily from South Africa...no leaves when it flowers in the
wild) ..

....true name of your red lily is *Hippeastrum*

Easter lily by tradition is the white lily ** Lilium
longiflorum**... Family: Liliaceae originated in JAPAN...

Your red lily like flower flowered in April here in cal, (easter
time) but traditionally in northern climates... its forced as an
indoor flowering plant when outside is dark and drab in winter... its
not always an April bloomer...

hope this helps

Usha di
===

On Jun 20, 11:08 pm, Dalia Set <setda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  EasterLily_Home_Apr2011.jpg
> 159KViewDownload

dalia

Jun 22, 2011, 1:06:55 AM6/22/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji and Usha di for helping in id.

Dalia

On Jun 21, 8:48 am, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > 159KViewDownload- Hide quoted text -

ushadi Micromini

Jun 22, 2011, 1:48:27 AM6/22/11
to dalia, efloraofindia
Dear Dalia: so where did you buy/get this particular bulb?
Usha di
===

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM, dalia <setd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Nice to get feedback - from you, it is so informative. I thought it as
some varietyof Easter Lily as it blooms here tat that time.