ID request-02022011-PKA1

Prashant awale

Feb 2, 2011, 11:52:37 AM2/2/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this Climber in forest cover near  Shigekeri, North Karnataka.

Date/Time: 16-01-2011 / 04:30PM
Location: Shigekeri, North Karnataka
Habitat: Wild
Plant habit: Climber.

regards
Prashant
IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3453.jpg
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3455.jpg
IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3457.jpg

Vijayadas D

Feb 2, 2011, 12:03:43 PM2/2/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix

You dont know what is this ?
--
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy

Pinki

Feb 2, 2011, 11:20:07 PM2/2/11
to efloraofindia
Some species of Smilax........May be

Alok

On Feb 2, 9:03 am, Vijayadas D <dvijaya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You dont know what is this ?

Pardeshi S.

Feb 3, 2011, 6:50:48 AM2/3/11
to efloraofindia
smilax can be ruled out as tendrils cannot be observed. i guess it can
be some species of Piper.
Regards
Satish Pardeshi

Mahadeswara

Feb 3, 2011, 10:23:59 PM2/3/11
to efloraofindia
Some Piperaceae member.

Muthu Karthick

Feb 4, 2011, 3:40:41 AM2/4/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
This is a Peperomia sp.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Muthu Karthick

Feb 4, 2011, 4:03:15 AM2/4/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Sorry might this be Piper trichostachyon (Miq.) C.DC. of Piperaceae. Its a woody climber.

Prashant awale

Feb 19, 2011, 12:21:45 PM2/19/11
to Muthu Karthick, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

I wrote to "Indian  Institute of Spices Research" and got the response stating that  "This is another wild pepper- Piper galeatum. It is very common in high range areas like
Sringeri, Sirsi etc. Thogh the berries are bold it will have very less piperine content and cannot exploit for commercial purpose.

regards
Prashant

JM Garg

May 26, 2020, 6:00:59 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia
IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3453.jpg
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3455.jpg
IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3457.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2020, 6:05:34 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Can it be Piper dravidii Lekhak, Kambale et S. R. Yadav as per A new Piper from the northern Western Ghats and notes on economic potential of Piper section Muldera : Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 61(6) May 2014 ?

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

IMG_3452.jpg
IMG_3453.jpg
IMG_3454.jpg
IMG_3455.jpg
IMG_3456.jpg
IMG_3457.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2020, 6:18:43 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji.

Can it be Piper dravidii Lekhak, Kambale et S. R. Yadav as per A new Piper from the northern Western Ghats and notes on economic potential of Piper section Muldera : Genetic Resources and Crop Evolution 61(6) May 2014

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 2,50,000 images are directly displayed on 31.1.20).

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2020, 11:47:25 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Thanks a lot Garg ji. Some times one really feel happy that the plants which we see in the wild is described as new species at later date.
Thanks again.
Regards
Prashant

J.M. Garg

May 26, 2020, 11:48:17 AM5/26/20
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Yes, Prashant ji.
So many plants observed here, has been reported as new species subsequently.