To share 140610 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 14, 2010, 4:21:54 AM6/14/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
This flowers picture I took on 13.5.10 during Nature camp to the
Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve – near Avalanche- Kunda Forest
Reserve-Mukurthi National Park.
Date/Time----/13.5.10 ----7.00 am
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- ------ Avalanche- Kunda Forest Reserve
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ------Wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- -------------Shurb
Height/Length- -----------------1 meter
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size---- 6 inch
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- -- White-----10 mm
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

Jun 14, 2010, 5:28:06 AM6/14/10
to efloraofindia
Looks like Calanthe sylvatica (Orchidaceae). Pl validate.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Jun 14, 5:21 pm, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <ethiruvenga...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>  IMG_0736.JPG
> 134KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0737.JPG
> 72KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0741.JPG
> 49KViewDownload

tanay bose

Jun 14, 2010, 9:23:18 AM6/14/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Dear Ritesh Ji,
The plant do apparently looks like  Calanthe sylvatica (Thouars) Lindl. but its hard to confirm as in all the pictures the flowers are over exposed or distorted. I will kindly request Thiruvengadam Ji to post any other picture/s of the plant if available with him.
Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2010, 2:14:35 AM6/26/10
to efloraofindia, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, tanay bose, rites...@gmail.com, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman

Earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Calanthe sylvatica (Orchidaceae). Pl validate.

Regards,
Ritesh.”

“The plant do apparently looks like  Calanthe sylvatica (Thouars) Lindl. but its hard to confirm as in all the pictures the flowers are over exposed or distorted. I will kindly request Thiruvengadam Ji to post any other picture/s of the plant if available with him.
Regards
Tanay”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Jun 26, 2010, 2:23:30 AM6/26/10
to tanay bose, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Sir
Another picture I am not able to resize, i send another mail as "Reply to 140610 ET"

With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam, FIE
Life Fellow
The Institution of Engineers (India)
Chartered Engineer (India)
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai

Pankaj Kumar

Feb 5, 2012, 11:48:49 PM2/5/12
to indiantreepix
Yes this is Calanthe sylvatica (Thouars) Lindl..
Sorry I missed it.
Regards
Pankaj

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Dr Pankaj Kumar
<sahani...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Orchid Conservation Section
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36c, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
          sahani...@gmail.com
          pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 9436 6251 (mobile)