Kalatope id al240911a

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 24, 2011, 12:05:36 PM9/24/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends
A very nice flower/fruit.. although the petals seem to be quite stiff
and I have never been able to see it budding

Location Kalatope, Chamba
Altitude 2200 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 2 feet
Season September

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

Balkar Arya

Sep 24, 2011, 12:08:56 PM9/24/11
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Alok Ji you forgot to attach
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 24, 2011, 12:06:44 PM9/24/11
to efloraofindia
ooops... sorry forgot the attachment..
Alok
091511_3469.jpg
091511_3472.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 12:52:11 PM9/26/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indiantreepix, Balkar Arya
Forwarding the reply from Prof. M. Sabu (University of Calicut, Kerala)

Giby

Sep 26, 2011, 1:34:50 PM9/26/11
to Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix, Balkar Arya
Thanks Giby ji,
I was in fact struck by the leaf resemblance to the Spiked Ginger Lily
plant which is found aplenty here..
Thank you for taking so much trouble
regards
Alok

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 26, 2011, 1:40:16 PM9/26/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indiantreepix, Balkar Arya
It was a learning for me as well.
Thank you for the wonderful pictures which was new to me.
Curiosity always drive us to keep going and we are moving together by helping each others, in that process no trouble at all.

Thanks and Regards
Giby