Hero of Malvaceae Week: Mr. Dinesh Valke

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 11, 2011, 10:55:49 PM9/11/11
to efloraofindia
Malvaceae Week was a great success with more than 170 uploads, of which nearly 95 percent were duly identified. We could not have asked for more. Thanks Dr. Balkar Singh for conducting it so well.

   Truly the Hero of Malvaceae Week is Mr. Dinesh Valke with more than 55 uploads of high quality photographs with relevant data especially on vernacular names. Congratulations Dinesh ji.
Congratulations also to the following members for being among the leading contributors:

Dr. Gurcharan Singh: 45
Dr. Satish Phadke: 40
Dr. Ushadi Micromini (Desai): 32
Dr. Balkar Singh: 20

Other leading contributors with uploads in (or nearing) double figures include:

Prashant Awale
Raju Das
Narendra Joshi
Ranjini Kamath
Muthu Kartik
Nidhan Singh
Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
Raghu Ananth

Thanks also to others who contributed by providing appreciation, useful comments, identification and useful information

Congratulations once again

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 12, 2011, 1:23:39 AM9/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia
Can we award the title as Hero-- Malvaceae? And then further families?
So may I congratulate Dineshji as Hero Malvaceae?
Congrats to other members too. I have yet to see many many posts of Malvaceae. So appreciation for those will come over a period of time.
It was a rocking week and could not keep pace with postings.
Thanks to all contributers for keeping me bussy.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:25:49 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:81341] Hero of Malvaceae Week: Mr. Dinesh Valke

Dinesh Valke

Sep 12, 2011, 1:37:01 AM9/12/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia
Good to find myself as the Hero of Malvaceae Week ... and it was slightly surprising ... because all the while, thought Gurcharan ji is far ahead with his plants in this family.
But may not be wrong to say that for all the family weeks that have been conducted, in aggregate, his plants could be the most.

Satish Phadke ji may have started late during the week owing to his busy schedules, else he could be having all the plants that are posted by me.
There are many others who did not had the chance of posting due to their busy times.

Was luck enough to have these many plants in my collection, also that the plant authorities fused a few families with Malavaceae.

Many thanks once again to all, for this honour.
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Sep 12, 2011, 1:47:51 AM9/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, formp...@yahoo.com, Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia
Wonderful work, Dinesh ji & others.
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 12, 2011, 3:45:32 AM9/12/11
to J.M. Garg, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia
You forgot one more point that people like me don't send our photos. Nahi to ----
Just kidding

From: "J.M. Garg" <jmg...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:17:51 +0530
To: Dinesh Valke<dinesh...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [efloraofindia:81357] Hero of Malvaceae Week: Mr. Dinesh Valke

Ushadi micromini

Sep 12, 2011, 4:54:23 AM9/12/11
to efloraofindia
Dineshji... congratulations...
you are being modest..
I do not know how you do all that...
and that quality photography too.

You deserve the hero title..
say thank you, take a bow. and don't demur.. or be shy...

Usha di
====

On Sep 12, 12:45 pm, formpeja...@yahoo.com wrote:
> You forgot one more point that people like me don't send our photos. Nahi to ----
> Just kidding
> Madhuri
> Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

Dinesh Valke

Sep 12, 2011, 7:01:24 AM9/12/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
OK Usha di :) ... accepting it with lot of thanks.
Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Arya

Sep 12, 2011, 8:19:23 AM9/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Congrts Dinesh Ji, Gurcharan Ji, Satish Ji and Ushadi Ji- hope to see your tons of images in near Future
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

ranjini kamath

Sep 12, 2011, 8:26:40 AM9/12/11
to Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Congratulations,Dinesh ji.Very well-deserved in all respects - for
beautiful photographs with great details,such painstaking wealth of
information...Thank you!
Ranjini Kamath

Mohan V. Chunkath

Sep 12, 2011, 11:53:00 AM9/12/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dinesh ji,
Congratulations on a well merited award. All the very best.
Regards,
Mohan

Dinesh Valke

Sep 12, 2011, 1:53:58 PM9/12/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Many many thanks, Mohan ji
Regards.
Dinesh

Na Bha

Sep 12, 2011, 5:15:32 PM9/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
From my side too, congratulations.
I just wonder, how you find time to do all this. I suppose you do not
sleep. Or perhaps you have 8 arms, three heads, and lots and lots of energy.
Would be looking forward to many more Fotos from you.
Nalini

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 13, 2011, 9:03:24 AM9/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Congratulation Dinesh Ji for the achievement!
So many new plants through your lens was such a treat and learning for all of us.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD