For Identification_02012011_DS_SN3

Dalia Set

Jan 2, 2011, 12:41:48 PM1/2/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends

The tree looks beautiful with dense foliage - shot in Howrah garden today.

Requested Id.

Thanks
Dalia
ForID_07.jpg
ForID_08.jpg

Pinki

Jan 2, 2011, 11:35:05 PM1/2/11
to efloraofindia

Dombeya natalensis i suppose....

Alok
>  ForID_07.jpg
> 98KViewDownload
>
>  ForID_08.jpg
> 105KViewDownload

mani nair

Jan 3, 2011, 6:33:17 AM1/3/11
to Pinki, efloraofindia
Is it flowering tree?  I have seen similar tree in Kerala called "Poduni" in Malayalam.

Regards,

Mani.

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2011, 3:35:16 AM4/15/11
to efloraofindia, Pinki, Dalia Set, mani nair, tanay...@gmail.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, pand...@gmail.com, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, pauls...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Dombeya natalensis i suppose....

Alok”

“Is it flowering tree?  I have seen similar tree in Kerala called "Poduni" in Malayalam.

Regards,

Mani.”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

ForID_07.jpg
ForID_08.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 3, 2011, 2:36:12 AM8/3/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Dalia Set, Pinki, mani nair, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, anikets...@gmail.com, archan...@yahoo.co.in
Dali ... did n't it flower this summer?
usha di
========

J.M. Garg

Aug 3, 2011, 5:11:58 AM8/3/11
to efloraofindia, Dalia Set, Pinki, mani nair, tanay...@gmail.com, ratang...@yahoo.com, ulu_bo...@yahoo.co.in, mitra...@gmail.com, mithi...@yahoo.com, pch...@gmail.com, micromi...@gmail.com, anikets...@gmail.com, archan...@yahoo.co.in
A reply:
"Dear All

here i rectify my mistake the plant which i had earlier assumed to be Dombeya netalensis is actually Hibiscus tiliaceus. this time i am sure..

Alok"

Mahadeswara

Aug 4, 2011, 8:12:54 AM8/4/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Need to check the flowers for proper identification of the species,
as many hybrids of Dombeya are reported. The author may send the
photographs of the flowers.

On Apr 15, 12:35 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance please.
>
> Some earlier relevant feedback:
>

> “*Dombeya natalensis i suppose....*
>
> Alok”
>
> “Is it flowering tree?  I have seen *similar tree in Kerala called "Poduni"
> in Malayalam*.

> Regards,
>
> Mani.”

J.M. Garg

Aug 25, 2011, 4:22:29 AM8/25/11
to Dalia Set, indian...@googlegroups.com
Finally identified as Hibiscus tiliaceus as per another thread: https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/7bb59b321c7699ac?hl=en#
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)