identification 170611sn1

Satish Nikam

Jun 17, 2011, 7:45:00 AM6/17/11
to Indiantrees Pics
Dear All,
             Thanks for all the help in identification,the best in this business.some more for Id.Pic taken at Mulshi,Pune April11.
thanks
regards
satish nikam
IMG_5379-r.jpg
IMG_5382-r.jpg
IMG_5383-r.jpg
IMG_5384-r.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 17, 2011, 8:40:54 AM6/17/11
to Satish Nikam, Indiantrees Pics
Dillenia pentagyna
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ushadi micromini

Jun 17, 2011, 8:49:47 AM6/17/11
to efloraofindia
Leaf reminds me of Dillenia...chalta, but the fruit is too small..

Usha di
=====
>  IMG_5379-r.jpg
> 37KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5382-r.jpg
> 38KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5383-r.jpg
> 43KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_5384-r.jpg
> 70KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 3, 2011, 12:03:04 AM9/3/11
to efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, TANAY BOSE, Ushadi micrmini, Mahadeswara, Dinesh Valke, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Tanay.................................................................Dillenia pentagyna

Usha di..............................................................Leaf reminds me of Dillenia...chalta, but the fruit is too small..

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Sep 3, 2011, 12:07:51 AM9/3/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, TANAY BOSE, Ushadi micrmini, Mahadeswara, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
... agreeing with Tanay ... it is Dillenia pentagyna.
Please dig into our group's database for more discussions and the common names.
Regards.
Dinesh

H S

Sep 3, 2011, 1:46:57 AM9/3/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, TANAY BOSE, Ushadi micrmini, Mahadeswara, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
Dillenia pentagyna, in Marathi its called as Karmal. leaves are used for making pattal (leaf plates). Fruits turns orange-yellow on ripen. eaten by monkeys..

mostly seen in semievergreen forest in Maharashtra or in moist deciduous

regards
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 3, 2011, 9:35:43 AM9/3/11
to Satish Nikam, Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Ushadi micrmini, Mahadeswara, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, H S
Yes, it is Dillenia pentagyna of Dilleniaceae family

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

M Swamy

Sep 3, 2011, 11:02:45 PM9/3/11
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Satish Nikam, TANAY BOSE, Ushadi micrmini, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
   Nice photographs.  I go with  Dineshji.   Dillenia pentagyna  .   This species is seen in Madras Christian College campus.