Fwd: NUN'S ORCHID

J.M. Garg

Mar 21, 2011, 12:54:18 AM3/21/11
to efloraofindia, Col Bimal Sarkar
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Col Bimal Sarkar <colbima...@yahoo.com>
Date: 20 March 2011 20:07
Subject: NUN'S ORCHID

Dear Friend,
           At this time of the year we are having beautiful,fragrant ground orchid named NUN'S ORCHID un our garden.The olants are in full bloom.Attaching image of the orchid.You may like it.Primrose Dendrobium orchid is also in bloom.I have seen best of this specis at Binnaguri cantonement.
Regards
Col (Retd) Bimal Sarkar
Mobile: 9434194942

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1550 members & 64,000 messages on 28/2/11 & with a database of around 4500 species on 15/12/10)

Nun's Orchid.jpg
Nun's Orchid 1.jpg
Primrose Dendrobium 1.jpg

raju

Mar 22, 2011, 5:20:34 AM3/22/11
to efloraofindia

Dear Sir,
Thank you for showing these Nice Photos. First two is Phaius
tankervilliae and the last one in my opinion is Dendrobium aphyllum
(Roxb.) C.E.C. Fisch.

regards,

Raju Das

On Mar 21, 9:54 am, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding pl.

mani nair

Mar 24, 2011, 5:22:28 AM3/24/11
to raju, efloraofindia
This is Nun's orchid.  Botanical name : Phaius tankervillea
having beautiful flowers and nice fragrance.    I have a Phaius flavus which is in bud.  I will send the photos as soon as it opens.

Regards,

Mani.