id request 11052011PJ1

PUTTARAJU K

May 11, 2011, 11:35:36 AM5/11/11
to indiantreepix

Dear All,

Pl find attached photo for id.Tree in this post has attached fruit , that grows in to fullpod, ripens and cracks open to set the seeds out.

 Date/Time-: 09/05/11   -    16:00

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Tree

Height/Length- 10m

--
With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,

Dinesh Valke

May 11, 2011, 11:45:19 AM5/11/11
to PUTTARAJU K, indiantreepix
... most probably Sterculia foetida.
Regards.
Dinesh

ajinkya gadave

May 11, 2011, 11:46:24 AM5/11/11
to Dinesh Valke, PUTTARAJU K, indiantreepix
Sterculia foetida.100%

Ushadi micromini

May 11, 2011, 12:27:15 PM5/11/11
to efloraofindia
Sterculia foetida.... we have a lot of them by Dhaakuria lakes... in
Bengali called Baksho Baadaam... badam in a box...
Usha di

=========
> EMAIL : pakshirajka...@gmail.com
>              kputtar...@npcil.co.in
>
>  DSC_0441.JPG
> 121KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_0438.JPG
> 313KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

May 11, 2011, 1:26:35 PM5/11/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
... many thanks for the novel name, Usha di.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

May 11, 2011, 1:34:25 PM5/11/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Usha di ... would this বাক্স বাদাম be baksho baadaam ?
Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi micromini

May 12, 2011, 2:28:37 AM5/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dineshji: Yes, you got it right....
its pronounced (verbal bengali is different from written) ... as
ending with an O as in Baksho... and what is pronounced as SH is
written here as a mere S ... and ending with a short a...and not an
O. etc etc

if you wish to add it to flowers of India listing, this is the
spelling in Bengali script...

While I am here, I wish to personally thank you for your and your
friends' efforts on the flowers of India website, I have learned a lot
ever since I discovered it a few years ago... and please convey my
thanks to all who have made it so beautiful and exhaustive,
inclusive.... and well indexed....

Usha di