Reg: Flora Books

Muthu Karthick

Jan 29, 2010, 5:32:36 AM1/29/10
to indiantreepix
Dear members,

I would be happier if you could answer my personal question.
I need to buy some Indian Flora books specially local flora of TN. I like to know where are these available as new or at second-hand sales.
One option is BSMPS, Dehradun; any where else? Anyone of you have additional copies?

Thank you all.

--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow

J.M. Garg

Feb 25, 2010, 4:55:32 AM2/25/10
to efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter pl.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 25, 2010, 5:03:21 AM2/25/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Muthu ji
For getting books (mostly reprinted) from BSMPS you will have to pay hefty price. Find some Government of India Publications, particularly BSI from that area. I have a personal set of Ceylone plants (nearly 10 volumes). Such books should be useful, but again costly.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mithilesh K. Pathak

Mar 7, 2010, 6:54:18 PM3/7/10
to efloraofindia
Contact Publication Division Botanical Survey of India
Flora of Tamilnadu

Balkar Arya

Mar 8, 2010, 7:12:02 AM3/8/10
to Mithilesh K. Pathak, efloraofindia
Dear Members here is the link to BSI

http://164.100.52.111/publicationslist.asp

http://164.100.52.111/procurement_procedure.shtm

Some other links where we can have so many floras

in this site please search flora and have hunderds of floras from all over the world free

get lots of Botanical literature
If any problem please contact me. I do have many floras in e form if required i may send a CD to a person, able to distribute those among group members, i recently dowloaded the flora of Malasiya ( some volumes)

Regards
Dr Balkar Singh

Muthu Karthick

Mar 11, 2010, 1:19:40 AM3/11/10
to Balkar Arya, Mithilesh K. Pathak, efloraofindia
Dear Balkar sir and Mithilesh sir,
Its a great help you done for me.
Now I have listed the Book titles for purchase from BSI. Thanks for the guidance and I will be in touch with you if I found difficulty in identifying.
Care Earth Trust
Chennai - 61
www.careearthtrust.org