Showy flowers- Kolkata

Shantanu Bhattacharya

Oct 3, 2010, 4:57:04 AM10/3/10

Oct 3, 2010, 10:41:42 AM10/3/10

Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
            604-822-2019 (Lab)

Shantanu Bhattacharya

Oct 9, 2010, 6:21:55 AM10/9/10
to efloraofindia, Soma Jha, Maitreyee Das
Hi
sharing snap of some lovely flowers taken in an exhibition in Kolkata last December

any idea what these can be???

regards
Shantanu
DSC07461(1).JPG

Farida Abraham

Oct 9, 2010, 8:28:16 AM10/9/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia, Soma Jha, Maitreyee Das
cineraria but cannot be too sure as the leaves cannot be seen FA
--
Mrs. F. Abraham.
Principal,

promila chaturvedi

Oct 9, 2010, 8:44:43 AM10/9/10
to Farida Abraham, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia, Soma Jha, Maitreyee Das
I also feel that it is Cinereria.
Promila

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2010, 1:16:11 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, tanay bose
Botanical name pl. ?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

flower.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 24, 2010, 1:20:19 AM10/24/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya
Most likely to be some hybrid of Phlox. May be Phlox paniculata.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Sharad Kambale

Oct 24, 2010, 2:01:49 AM10/24/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, tanay bose
About cultivated plant there is one book whose author is "Bailey"

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 24, 2010, 2:25:44 AM10/24/10
to Sharad Kambale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, tanay bose
Hortus
Tropica

are two books by Bailey...
Pankaj

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 24, 2010, 2:47:26 AM10/24/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Sharad Kambale, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, tanay bose
Manual of Cultivated Plants

Cyclopedia of American Horticulture

Hortus

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 24, 2010, 3:33:27 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia
The second Blue coloured Asteraceae may be Senecio cruentus
Pankaj

On Oct 24, 11:47 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Manual of Cultivated Plants
>
> Cyclopedia of American Horticulture
>
> Hortus
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hortus
> > Tropica
>
> > are two books by Bailey...
> > Pankaj
>
> > On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Sharad Kambale <sksharad...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > About cultivated plant there is one book whose author is "Bailey"

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 27, 2010, 3:00:04 PM10/27/10
to efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, Farida Abraham, promila chaturvedi
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Farida ji.......................................Cineraria but cannot be too sure as the leaves cannot be seen
Promila ji......................................I also feel that it is Cinereria.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Jun 5, 2016, 10:22:34 AM6/5/16
to efloraofindia, Shantanu Bhattacharya, promila chaturvedi, Farida Abraham, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
It should be Pericallis hybrida
DSC07461(1).JPG

JM Garg

Jun 13, 2020, 1:35:29 AM6/13/20
to efloraofindia, shn...@gmail.com
I think this should be P. drummondii 'Twinkle Star' as per Wikipedia & Flowers of India
flower.JPG