Malvaceae week- Hibiscus cannabinus from Kaithal

Nidhan Singh

Sep 11, 2011, 4:07:40 AM9/11/11
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

The attached pics were taken from Kaithal last year, this plant used to be cultivated few years back for its fibre, now our area has almost totally confined to wheat-rice rotation. For our area, it is pleasure to find this in flowering, which, unfortunately, I could not.
This probably flowers during the first half of the day, and I approached this in the evening. Attaching the pics from Kaithal of Hibiscus cannabinus L.

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Hibiscus cannabinus.JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (1).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (2).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (3).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (4).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (5).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (7).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (8).JPG

Balkar Arya

Sep 11, 2011, 10:19:27 AM9/11/11
to Nidhan Singh, indiantreepix
Here are mine flowers from Village Atta near samalkha (Panipat).
Cultivated for fibres
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Hibiscus cannabinus (1).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (2).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (3).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (4).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (5).JPG
Hibiscus cannabinus (6).JPG

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 11, 2011, 3:51:21 PM9/11/11
to Nidhan Singh, Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Beautiful
Madhuri