Rosaceae Week: Potentilla nepalensis from Chakrata

Balkar Arya

Oct 2, 2011, 9:50:32 PM10/2/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Potentilla nepalensis
From Chakrata

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Potentilla nepalensis (2).JPG
Potentilla nepalensis (5).JPG
Potentilla nepalensis (7).JPG
Potentilla nepalensis (8).JPG
Potentilla nepalensis (11).JPG
Potentilla nepalensis (14).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 2, 2011, 10:22:27 PM10/2/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji

Perhaps important to mention that species can often be confused with P. antrosanguinea but can be distinguished by smaller flowers and more importantly lower leaves with 5 leaflets.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Arya

Oct 2, 2011, 11:21:31 PM10/2/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Thanks for the information Sir, I was not knowing this

Alok

Oct 3, 2011, 1:03:31 AM10/3/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks sir for defining the difference between the two....
regards
Alok