Malvaceae Week: More Siegmarswurz-(Malva alcea) fruiting from Ritterhude

Na Bha

Sep 10, 2011, 3:47:57 PM9/10/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
A few more of Siegmarswurz-(Malva alcea) from my garden in Ritterhude
Fotos from August 2010
Regards
Nalini

Siegmarswurz-(Malva alcea)-100_8171.JPG
Siegmarswurz-(Malva alcea)-100_8169.JPG
Siegmarswurz-(Malva alcea)-100_8170.JPG

Balkar Arya

Sep 10, 2011, 9:08:36 PM9/10/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lovely Catch!!
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 10, 2011, 10:00:06 PM9/10/11
to Balkar Arya, Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nabha ji for introducing another plant.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Sep 10, 2011, 11:32:31 PM9/10/11
to efloraofindia
musk mallow?

reminds me of a hollyhock though...
very nice to see the seed pods...
usha di
===

On Sep 11, 7:00 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Nabha ji for introducing another plant.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:38 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Lovely Catch!!

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 10, 2011, 11:54:59 PM9/10/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Greater musk mallow
That confused me also for a while, I thought perhaps Alcea (Althaea)-the holly hock has been merged with Malva and I was looking for correct name for our Alcea rosea.

It was only when I saw Malva alcea as a long established name from my Bailey book that I saw three epicalyx in Nabha ji's plant (more than six in Alcea, holly hock) and deeply parted leaves that I got reassured.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 11, 2011, 6:52:23 AM9/11/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Na Bha
very nice fruit flower and seed arrangement. Beautiful colours of flower
Madhuri