Kalatope id al240311

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 24, 2011, 12:12:05 PM3/24/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
This one's almost in front of my doorstep....

Location Kalatope, Chamba dist
Altitude 2100 mt
Habit herb
habitat wild
Height 15 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

dscn5935.jpg
dscn5939.jpg
dscn5940.jpg

Nidhan Singh

Mar 25, 2011, 1:13:16 AM3/25/11
to Alok Mahendroo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is a Malva sp. Another species of the same M. parviflora is
abundant here these days. I suppose this to be a different species.
Regards,
--
Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany

Alok Mahendroo

Mar 25, 2011, 11:35:46 AM3/25/11
to Nidhan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nidhan ji,
I suppose I should study the flower further to ascertain...
regards
Alok
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 10:43 +0530, Nidhan Singh wrote:
> Malva

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 25, 2011, 1:10:45 PM3/25/11
to Alok Mahendroo, Nidhan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think Malva neglecta

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2011, 4:09:41 AM7/3/11
to efloraofindia, sing...@gmail.com, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com, Nidhan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This is a Malva sp.  Another species of the same M. parviflora is

abundant here these days. I suppose this to be a different species.
Regards,
--

Dr. Nidhan Singh”

“I think Malva neglecta

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1600 members & 70,000 messages on 30/5/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

dscn5935.jpg
dscn5939.jpg
dscn5940.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 9, 2011, 8:03:35 AM9/9/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, tab...@gmail.com, sahani...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, parm...@sancharnet.in, amit...@gmail.com, alokis...@gmail.com, Nidhan Singh
After a relook, the petals are too short for M. neglecta. This may be M. parviflora, after all.