Yellow Butea monosperma

ushaprabha page

Sep 12, 2010, 2:16:44 AM9/12/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Yellow Butea monosperma photos.,
as they are not very common.
Photos of flowers and tree- taken at Balaghat- M.P.
Sapplings of the same were available in the forest nursery of Balaghat.
P3230975.JPG
P3230976.JPG
P3230977.JPG

Vijayasankar

Sep 12, 2010, 2:29:03 AM9/12/10
to ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Usha ji, for sharing these rare pictures. As you said Butea monosperma var. lutea is very rare and hence been included in the Red Listed species category. I suppose its an important medicinal plant.

I hope there will be several reports on its uses in the 'Oudipedia'!!!

Regards

Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Sep 12, 2010, 2:02:19 PM9/12/10
to Vijayasankar, ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
The White variety of Bitea monosperma is most endangered
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Kenneth Greby

Sep 12, 2010, 7:37:32 PM9/12/10
to tanay bose, Vijayasankar, ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone in India graft the white and yellow forms onto orange? What percentage of white and yellow seed comes true?

Ken.

Sep 13, 2010, 1:49:14 AM9/13/10
to Kenneth Greby, tanay bose, Vijayasankar, indian...@googlegroups.com

Whether white Butea  monosperma is a veriety-separate specy or freak or mutation?
I would like to know.