Acanthus (mollis?) from Blindengarten in Bremen 150611NB1

Na Bha

Jun 15, 2011, 12:59:51 PM6/15/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo I visited Blindengarten today and found this Plant called Acanthus.
Is it Acanthus mollis?
This is the one, I found on net, grows in Mediterranean region, not wild
but in gardens.
TIA for ID
Nalini
Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0882.JPG
Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0876.JPG
Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0880.JPG
Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0881.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 15, 2011, 11:05:18 PM6/15/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
yes Nabha ji
Often cultivated in California also. It is often interesting to see dried inflorescence even with dried flowers intact often in winter, with new growth emerging from ground.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Jun 16, 2011, 1:57:06 AM6/16/11
to efloraofindia

Yes, Nalini...

the green veins often look a little weird on the plants....

Usha di
=======
>  Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0882.JPG
> 79KViewDownload
>
>  Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0876.JPG
> 116KViewDownload
>
>  Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0880.JPG
> 99KViewDownload
>
>  Acanthus-mollis-IMG_0881.JPG
> 65KViewDownload

Na Bha

Jun 16, 2011, 5:43:21 AM6/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Prof. Singh ji,
Blindengarten is now on my way to school, so I shall keep an eye on this plant. They also should have beautiful fruits. I shall watch and send fotos, if i get any.
Nalini