Turbina corymbosa?

Satish Phadke

Nov 26, 2010, 10:16:24 AM11/26/10
to indiantreepix
Turbina corymbosa?
I think this is the same climber which Shrikant ji had posted on 14th Oct.
Please validate.
Huge climber covering a big tree completely with flowers. Near Deccan area Pune city near the river.
Attaching many pictures to facilitate ID including a dissected wilted flower specimen showing
5 sepals. 5Stamens and a carpel.
Dr Phadke
_MG_8541s.jpg
DSCN0022s.jpg
DSCN0023s.jpg
DSCN0024s.jpg
DSCN0027s.jpg
DSCN0028s.jpg
DSCN0031s.jpg
DSCN0034s.jpg
_MG_8540s.jpg

Satish Phadke

Nov 26, 2010, 10:20:55 AM11/26/10
to indiantreepix, Ron_Convolvulaceae, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
To add some information.
The stem is twisted spirally and is finely grooved. Around 8 buds in an axillary inflorescence.
Calyx 1cm Corolla 2cm.
Dr Phadke

Ron_Convolvulaceae

Nov 26, 2010, 6:57:57 PM11/26/10
to efloraofindia

On Nov 26, 10:20 am, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To add some information.
> The stem is twisted spirally and is finely grooved. Around 8 buds in an
> axillary inflorescence.
> Calyx 1cm Corolla 2cm.
> Dr Phadke
>
> On 26 November 2010 20:46, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > *Turbina corymbosa*?
> > I think this is the same climber which Shrikant ji had posted on 14th Oct.
> > Please validate.
> > Huge climber covering a big tree completely with flowers. Near Deccan area
> > Pune city near the river.
> > Attaching many pictures to facilitate ID including a dissected wilted
> > flower specimen showing
> > 5 sepals. 5Stamens and a carpel.
> > Dr Phadke

Hello,

The plant is totally consistent with Turbina corymbosa.

The base of the stamens should be a nice orange coloration although
sometimes difficult to capture in a photograph.

Beautiful plant often having a sweet fragrance.

regards,

Ron